crushing guilt

Chat Noir's pov

I was hanging slightly out of the window, broken glass pressing into my torso. Marinette was right there, she was right there in front of me and she slipped through my fingers. My mind was running faster than I could keep up with and just as I was about to throw myself out of the window and chase after whatever had taken Marinette, something caught my eye in my peripheral.

A single butterfly, almost as dark as the night itself with blood red patterns etched into its wings. A scarlet moth. Bile rose to the back of my throat as I remembered the last battle we had had with butterflies the colour of blood. We had almost lost. I reached for my baton as the lights went out around me, all of Paris being shrouded in an even darker gloom than before. I looked up and I could see the stars. They watched me, knowing all my secrets and all that will happen. I wish they would tell me.

Dialing Ladybug, I jumped out the window and landed with a roll on the ground. Above me, another moth flew into my vision. And then another. And then another. Ladybug did not pick up my call.

Swearing under my breath, I poled back up to the roofs and set out in the same direction as the butterflies, watching as off, under the Eiffel tower, they seemed to collect in a red mass of wings. Where was Ladybug? As I got closer there was something else there with the moths. It was dark and seemed to move with the shadows like a liquid. It hid underneath the Eiffel tower's beams, lurking and waiting. I swiftly realised it was waiting for me.

I moved closer, sticking to the shadows and the sound of a voice rumbling met my ears. I recognised that voice. Was that- that Thing Lila? Directly behind where the giant glob of what looked like tar rose above its prey, I hid. She hadn't noticed I'd arrived yet. From this distance I was able to pick out parts of the conversation.

"- Hawkmoth chose me Marinette. He chose me to be his weapon on his night of power. But don't worry, your death won't be a waste. I'll make sure it's purposeful. After all, once Hawkmoth has the miraculous of the ladybug and the cat, we will be unstoppable."

"You really think he will share that power with you? Really? You are just a school girl. He is just using you to get what he wants. Your pent up anger is perfect for his akumatisations. Can't you see Lila? Open your eyes. You aren't going to get anything out of this!" A voice that I recognised as Marinette's rang out into the silent night.

"DON'T YOU DARE BELITTLE ME LIKE THAT! I AM NOT SOME SCHOOL GIRL. I AM GLADIOUS. I AM A WEAPON! I- I am Hawkmoth's greatest creation, he has NEVER made someone as powerful as me!"

"He has though. He has made someone far more powerful than you. You haven't even met him. Hawkmoth is just using you to get a real weapon. A world destroying kind of weapon." I frowned at Marinette's words, what was she talking about?

"And since when were you the all knowing being about Hawkmoth's plans? There is no one stronger than me. There never will be! How could there be an even more powerful being than I?"

"Oh Lila. You are so naive. I've looked into the eyes of someone far more powerful than you. Even with your illusions, you created the vision of someone more powerful than you. Hawkmoth himself is more powerful than you. I know exactly what Hawkmoth plans on doing. Why do you think he has me here huh?"

I shuffled in the shadows, wanting to jump out and save Marinette but I knew I wouldn't be able to do much without Ladybug here. Plus then I would have to fight Lila whilst having to protect Marinette. I pulled out my baton and dialed her again whist moving slightly closer to hear Lila and Marinette's conversation bit better. If Mari really did know what Hawkmoth was planning then it would be very helpful.

"Well obviously he wants you here to lure Chat Noir. Once Chat Noir is in danger, Ladybug will come and his army will join me in taking their Miraculouses. I'm not as dumb as you think you know!"

"That's where you are wrong Lila. Hawkmoth has already made this army before and it failed. He needs a better player. And who better to akumatise than the heroes of Paris. The hero of Paris whose friend you have captured."

"What-?"

"You were never the final weapon Lila. And I hope for your sake you never have to meet him."

"What are you talking about? Meet who?" Lila was getting angry now and I heard Marinette cry out in pain.

"The thing that haunts my dreams...

I hope you never have to meet Chat Blanc."

It's a short update, I'm sorry but yeh. :D