hoping

Wha! I know I'm supposed to do this at the end but this fan fic has had such a good response and it's making me really happy. The fact I only started writing this a couple days ago but it's reached in a few days what my other fan fics took months to reach is making me so motivated haha. If you are reading this I wanna thank you for somehow finding this book. I am having a sudden burst of writing so be prepared for chapters galore ୧(^ 〰 ^)୨

Adrien's pov

As I rushed down streets towards the Louvre, my phone began to ring in my pocket. I answered it without looking at the contact.

"Adrien, where are you?!" Nathalie's sharp voice spoke from my phone.

"I'm sorry Nathalie but my friend has gone missing and I left to look for her."

"Without my permission at 1:30 am? Adrien, I know your father is out of town but that gives you no right to start misbehaving."

"I know Nathalie, and I'm sorry but Marinette is missing and I am going to find her."

"And how would your father react to this after his specific instructions for you to stay with-"

"Yes, I know okay. He won't like me trying to find my missing friend because of his brand new special specific instructions but. I. Don't. Care. This is Marinette okay. You can try and stop me, try and find me but I will not come home until I have found her. Besides, what can father do. Even if he weren't in America he's never around anyway."

I hung up and shoved my phone back into my pocket. The night was surprisingly light, the moon large and almost full bright in the sky. Light from the lamposts and from the moon bounced from puddle to puddle making them shine like ink pooling on a page. Though the wind and rain raged and the thunder and lightning crackled and rumbled throughout the streets of Paris, all else was silent. Of course there was the odd car which sweeped the roads but at this hour on a Thursday no one was really awake. For once the never sleeping city was silent.

I didn't stop to check any dark alleys or strange nooks and crannies betweens shops and buildings. I could hear Nino's and Alya's voices not to far away meaning they have thoroughly searched all round here to have only made it this far. I turned a corner to see them stood in the mouth of an alley.

"Guys," I ran over, out of breath, "found anything yet?"

Alya turned and looked at me in surprise before her mouth returned to a worried line.

"Nothing. No sign of Marinette. Not even a shoe or any weirdly disturbed places. It's like she just disappeared."

Nino put his arm around her and gently held her as she sobbed. I remembered the anger that she had when she had shouted at me over the phone earlier. It was all gone now. All that was left was fear and worry.

I moved closer and put my hand on Alya's shoulder, immediately thinking of Ladybug's, and spoke up.

"I'll find her Alya, I promise. I'm sorry I took so long to show up."

She turned to me, wiping her eyes.

"No Adrien, it's not your fault. I know your dad can be strict but really, he is away right now. I can't believe he would make your bodyguard keep you in your room even when your friend has gone missing."

So that was the lie Nino told her. I felt bad, I really did but how was I supposed to say I was with Ladybug who is severely injured. I rubbed my temples and mouthed a thank you to Nino when Alya's back was turned.

"Dudes, we are getting no where. We are all soaked and it's late. Why don't we all go back to the bakery. Besides we have school tomorrow and the police will be better at finding Marinette when it's this dark and this weather anyway." Nino suggested, placing his arm protectively around Alya.

"If my mum thinks I'm going to school with Marinette still missing tomorrow then she is delusional," Alya spat into the night, "but you are right. All we are doing is getting ourselves sick. We should go back, I'm getting bad vibes from being out this late."

I nodded and held my umbrella over all three of us as we headed back to the bakery.

When we arrived back, Tom and Sabine were gone. In fact the place was entirely empty. Alya phoned both of them to let them know we were back at the bakery and we all went and sat in the lounge and tried to dry off our soaked clothes.

"Marinette will turn up, she's bound to." I said as I ruffled my wet hair with a towel.

"Yeah, she's probably done something stupid and got hurt during the akuma or something. We all know Marinette." Nino said, adding a small laugh to the end.

"It's weird though. She took her phone with her but she's not picking up any of my calls?" Alya pondered as she took off her flannel shirt and placed it over the back of a chair leaving her in a partially soaked white t-shirt and her sodden jeans.

"Maybe it died?" I suggested.

"Perhaps, but it is unlike her to be unprepared. She's clumsy, yes, but not unprepared. And why would she go out anyway. You said the bakery was shut and she told me that she had homework to do so she couldn't come get ice-cream with us."

"Alya, there's probably a rational explanation for all of this but we are all tired and worked up from both the akuma and Marinette disappearing. Why don't we just relax for a bit and try not to over think things." Nino sighed out between ringing out his soaked cap over a sink and trying to stop his glasses from falling off his face.

Alya nodded and sat down quietly on the sofa. Nino joined her. I moved to the other section of the l-shaped couch, my mind flitting between worry for Ladybug and worry for Marinette. I sighed and leant back, my head resting in the top of the sofa and I realised quite how tired I was. My eyes began to droop and despite how badly I wanted to stay awake, I felt myself slowly drifting off to sleep.