one hundred - bound to each others hearts

*

*

One way or another, Lyra James firmly believed that she was bound to the hearts of everyone she has ever met, whether it be through hatred or love. It was almost always love, as Lyra hated very few things but the things she hated meant all or nothing. She hated Death Eaters, which was a given. She hated women with superiority complexes and she hated men with sticks up their ass. She hated the Full Moon, simply due to the vomiting that had suddenly returned out of nowhere. She hated anyone lecturing her unless they were allowed (only Dylan, Dae, Joe, Mitchell and her aunt Eve were allowed). She hated the rich who refused to admit that they were apart of the problem that people like Thatcher created. And not last of all, she hated one specific thing about all her friends - how much they followed rules?

Since Kingsley's insistence on placing a Auror's guard outside Lyra's place of work, she had been permanently amused and annoyed. That evening, on the last day of January, Noah, Mitchell, Lyra and Amina watched carefully as Ron stared deeply into the machines of the cafe that Wilde and Co had as Marjory attempted to teach him how to make coffee.

"Why does he look like he doesn't know humanity?" Noah said as he touched the cool metal and immediately flinched away. "Did he grow up on a farm or—"

"Stop it." Lyra responded back at him with a smile.

"No, genuinely, look at him. And as your mate," Amina only just held in the burst of laughter that had overcome her, "I think you should stop being mates with him and be best mates with me instead."

Lyra looked at him with bright eyes, spoke with a pleasant voice but meant it all. "Fuck off, Noah."

His eyebrows raised, slowly walking away from the two to leave them alone. "It's kind of entertaining seeing Ron try to figure out a coffee machine." she spoke, hand rested on her chin

"Yeah, he tried a cappuccino once and called it disgusting. It was funny if we excluded the situation we were in at the time."

"In all fairness, coffee is disgusting." Mitchell added, "Anyway, when you said you needed a guard, I didn't mean him— I mean, how did you even find him?"

"He's an old school friend, works with another old friend of mine who suggested I needed a guard."

"And why is that again?"

Amina and Lyra shared a quick look, both knowing and hesitant, "Precaution encase the people who hurt me when I was 16 come back to look for me."

Mitchell kept his eyes in Ron for a moment. Lyra's tainted smile failed the moment she heard a booming crash from the cafe, turning to see Ron fumbling with the metal milk jug that Marjorie had previously given him to use. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Keeper that won Gryffindor its 1997 house cup. She thought with an amused smile.