eighty eight - let be what is, let be what isn't

*

*

Lyra Marie James hoped for London to be graced by better weather on the one day she probably needed it but she also knew to expect the opposite. On the day her next appointment was supposed to be - the very one where she was supposed to give in her list of triggers - London woke up to one of the worst storms she had probably ever seen.

The seer gazed from the kitchen window, grey skies merging with hail, a cup of coffee in her hands to nurse her aching headache. Dae sat at her left, reading the paper intensely but with a slight frown on her face - Lyra knew something had happened in their glorious that meant that she was this upset but she couldn't tell exactly what. The two brooded silently- well, that was until Jonathan burst into the kitchen with a bold grin.

"Good morning, good MORNING!"

Lyra and Dae both groaned back at him to shut up.

"Oh, look at you little spoil sports. It's a beautif..." he faultered with one glance from the window, "It's a day, we're alive! Go live! Flee the home, young child—"

"Fuck off." she responded, kicking him as he attempted to throw her from her chair. She pulled a piece of toast covered in Nutella to her mouth, "how do you have so much energy in the morning?"

"Because I sleep, Lyra." The seer rolled her eyes, taking another sip of her caffeinated drink. "How do you not—"

"You know, I might stop coming to these little breakfast meetings of ours if you're going to be roasting my sleeping habits and being so goddamn loud."

"I mean, it's not exactly healthy, is it?"

Lyra suppressed the need to roll her eyes to the back of her skull, turning her face away instead to look at the countertops with feigned interest, ignoring the conversation that Dae began with Jonathan.

She should call Dylan. After Lyra had yelled at him, she hadn't bothered to dial his number of get the mirror from where she'd chucked it in a fit of pure rage. She would definitely be lying if she said she remembered much from that evening, all but the crack and Dylan's dulcet tones had left her mind quicker than it had ever entered. What had even happened? Why was she so upset? Why did she have to be so fucking emotional for no reason whatsoever—?

A loud crack sounded from in front of her, a small flinch instinctively leaving while the other two just glanced to the Nutella jar baring the spoils of her mild annoyance. Dae immediately turned to the seer as if she knew but Lyra furrowed her eyebrows in response but Dae left it before Jonathan could pay attention.

"You need to go." Dae told her, Lyra checking the time and noticing that she was, indeed, going to be late for her therapists appointment. She knew she was going to have to share and she couldn't refuse this time - Joe wasn't like Patricia, he promised he could help