sixty seven - the ashamed goddaughter

*

*

It was mutually accepted that a sleep-in was necessary after the events of the night before.

Nevertheless, Lyra still woke up at midday while the rest were asleep and made her way towards the pantry to bring out a new bag of coffee as the opened ones were surely expired. She kneeled down, looking through each cupboard and finding a coffee maker after twenty minutes of attempting to fiddle with the non-electric coffeemaker, she was left with a fresh mug of boiling hot coffee.

Her hand went directly to her throat, rubbing it softly and feeling the bruises that had appeared overnight. She hoped that Death Eater had died.

"Lyra?" she heard from the first floor, just as she had began to relax against the kitchen table, "LYRA!"

"CALM DOWN!" Lyra yelled back at Ron, thuddering down the steps to where the basement kitchen was placed. Lyra raised a cup at him, taking a sip from it while Ron cursed deeply at her under his breath. "What happened?"

"We wake up and you and Harry have suddenly gone. We just assumed you were both..." Lyra raised an eyebrow and he passed over it without actually emphasising what he meant, "When we found Harry and not you, we just assumed--"

"Abduction, torture, maiming. Just a normal day in the life of Lyra James." Lyra replied dully, raising the cup to her mouth once again.

"That's not funny." he replied while Lyra shrugged back.

She stood onto her feet and left the room with a comforting smile in Ron's direction, going to walk upstairs to the third floor where the room she'd stayed in during the summer of 1995.

The door creaked open and the first thing she set her eyes upon was the double-bed in the middle of the room, a layer of dust on every counter including that one. She brought her wand from her pocket and with one swish, the dust raised itself from the surfaces and left towards the opened window. Why was the window even open? Was Sirius turning crazy before he fell through the veil and died or whatever?

She quickly walked towards it, closing it with a soft thud and before she could do anything, she left the room as soon as possible. Before another boggart could reveal itself to her as her now greatest fear (she knew what it was but she didn't want to relive that all over again).

As she was about to go back downstairs, something caught her eye. It was a sign on the door, something that Dylan had put when he was younger and more overbearing before he'd grown up.

Do Not Enter
Without the Express Permission of
Regulus Arcturus Black

"GUYS!" she cried out, not breaking her eyes away from the sign.

There were various thuds of footsteps up the stairs, Harry and Hermione thundered upstairs. "Look!" she told them excitedly, pointing towarde that sign. They all stared blankly. "Please, recall the initials of this man's name."