fifty one - a (fake) happy family

*

*

a/n - I think I've used this gif before but fuck it I'm using it again. also, I made graphics for the main characters in Lyra's family. they're above and they are traditional Korean wear and I'm not 100% an expert on Korean culture but this is what Google told me okay cool bye bye

Lyra James left the Burrow on Boxing Day with Dylan James at her side and her wand being used to tie her hair up. She glanced back at the house nervously, counting the days in her head until she'd return to the house she'd grown to call her home. She could see Ginny watching her from her bedroom window and she waved her hand one more time as a bye before holding onto Dylan's arm as tight as she could and feeling the sharp tug as they twisted away.

There was a crack and they appear in a narrow alleyway besides the hotel they were supposed to be staying at and where the wedding was supposed to be held, Lyra feeling slightly nauseated but pushing the feeling down. Fred, George, and Dylan's date weren't staying there too - in the invitation to stay, it stated that it was strictly for family. Like the Wesley's aren't her family - they most definitely were and they made sure she knew it (they'd given her a christmas jumper with her name on it twice, Ron constantly referred to her as 'sister' now and Molly had accidentally called her Ginny three times which obviously meant that she was apart of the family now. or that's what Ginny had described it as).

The two wand wielders glanced to each other before stepping out of the alleyway and walking a few miles and arriving at a large hotel building, it's golden lights blinding them for a few seconds as the harsh wind threatened to untie Lyra's hair and send her wand flying. They didn't linger outside of it for long, they walked directly and took in the decor.

It was all shaped like an ancient library and Lyra could've cried at that moment - ancient libraries were her passion and her only love (besides Harry obviously). Books covered the walls, either fake or the hotel was expensive. The reddened carpets masked the sound of her converses against the floor and the golden but still harsh light made Lyra's face (and her choice not to cover her scars that day), all too visible. They walked to the desk, Dylan placing their passports on the table and sliding them over to the receptionist who had been prepared, "A two rooms for Dylan and Lyra James." he spoke and Lyra stiffened, hiding behind her brother. She still looked like who she used to be in her passport photo.

The receptionist didn't linger on her face, thank God, but she did seem reluctant to hand the two keys over to her so she gave them both to Dylan instead. They slowly made their way to find their rooms, ignoring the other family members they knew as they heaved their suitcases upstairs without a single word to each other. They couldn't use magic there - they had to act like Muggles which would kill Lyra, she was sure of it. She was never used to acting like a muggle, especially as she was anything but.

After a few detours where an unfocused Lyra had followed the books instead of where she was supposed to go, they arrived at their rooms (both across from each other) and walked in. It was large, with a white double bed in the middle, two bedside tables, a sofa in the corner beside the window with a coffee table in front of it and a TV and another door which lead to the bathroom.