twenty eight - the battle of the ministry

*Things We Lost In the Fire - Bastille*

*
Things We Lost In the Fire - Bastille
*

"To me, Potter," he voice repeated.

Lucius Malfoy walked closer to the group which can come together tightly, his hand out to Harry. Lyra looked around to the death eaters which surrounded them, noticing their actions and counting their numbers.

"To me," Malfoy repeated yet again.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asked.

Lyra shook her head, whispering at him, "Harry, it was a trap, they wanted you here to get it."

There was a burst of laughter, "And the good seer speaks again... little too late, don't you think?" someone asked her and Lyra furrowed her eyebrows at them.

"Now, give me the prophecy, Potter." Lucius Malfoy repeated.

"I want to know where Sirius is!" Harry echoed back.

"I want to know where Sirius is!" someone had repeated and Lyra's breath hitched at the back of her throat when she realised. "The little baby woke up fwightened and fort what it dweamed was twoo," she mocked, Lyra glancing at Neville who had his eyes fixed on her.

"Harry," spoke Lyra.

"Don't do anything," Harry muttered. "Not yet--"

The woman who had mimicked him let out a scream of laughter. "You hear him? You hear him? Giving instructions to the other children as though he thinks of fighting us!"

"Oh, you don't know Potter as I do, Bellatrix," said Malfoy softly. "He has a great weakness for heroics, the Dark Lord understands this about him. Now give me the prophecy, Potter."

Lyra felt Neville stir next to her before grabbing his arm and staring at him warningly. "I know Sirius is here," said Harry, "I know you've got him!

"It's time you learned the difference between life and dreams, Potter," said Malfoy. "Now give me the prophecy, or we start using wands."

"Go on, then," said Harry, raising his wand to chest height. As he did so, the rest followed as the seven wands of Ron, Hermione, Lyra, Neville, Ginny, Ethan, and Luna rose on either side of him.

"Hand over the prophecy and no one need get hurt," said Malfoy coolly.

It was Harry's turn to laugh. "Yeah, right!" he said. "I give you this--prophecy, is it? And you'll just let us skip off home, will you?"

"Accio proph--" someone had begun before Lyra put a shield charm in front of them, so powerful that she was knocked back. The woman fell to the floor, about to lunge for Lyra when she was stopped by Malfoy.

"Oh," she laughed, realising who she was, "Lyra James, she knows how to play," she said, her mad eyes staring through the slits in her hood. "Very well, then, James, very well--"