sixty - everything falling into place

*

*

The next few weeks were summed up with pure, gentle happiness.

Now that the entire school knew that Lyra and Harry were together, it made things infinitely easier between them. For the first time, the rumour's about them were something that brought them happiness and were no longer because they had been involved in horrific scenes of Dark magic. It was a nice, but surprising change which they welcomed with open arms.

They barely used the Invisibility cloak anymore, freely spending time together - taking walks through the grounds, settling down in the meddow that almost no-one knew behind the Herbology garden, kissing by the Black Lake at dusk and eventually taking it upstairs when it got heated enough.

But Lyra had found something else to worry about, so the happiness they had didn't last for as long as they had hoped.

Dumbledore had been sending her summon's from the day after she'd walked out on him and Harry. First they came every few days but now it was constant but Lyra, being as stubborn as she was, ignored each and every one of them. She simply left her dream diary on his desk when he wasn't in and strode right back out.

That ended one day when Lyra had just finished breakfast and was approached by Minerva McGonagall who had a fierce, angry expression on her face which terrified Lyra and the rest of the people she'd been having breakfast with. Dean Thomas sent a look to Seamus Finnigan, Neville Longbottom furrowed his eyebrows and gripped Ginny's arm tighter and Harry Potter only stared, venomous. "Young lady, come with me." she said angrily, Lyra tensing up for a second and letting go of Harry's hand under the table, "Lyra! Now!" Minerva said, Lyra downing the rest of her pumpkin juice without a second thought and following behind her with a glare at Dumbledore at the staff table. He was acting like he couldn't see her but she knew for a fact that he could, the bastard.

Lyra was only half-listening to the lecture she was being given by McGonagall in her office. Something about respecting your elders or whatever but while her mind drifted from place to place, her eyes stayed on her grandmother and a submissive expression on her face.

"...and don't you dare do anything like that anything like that ever again, Lyra, or I will revoke my blessing for you and your boyfriend." she said sharply when she'd finished her half an hour long rant, Lyra nodding sharply in reply. She didn't really heed the warning, they'd spent six months dating before McGonagall had any idea of anything between them. Anyway, forbidden love is the sexiest type of love out there. "Now, go, apologise for ignoring him."

Lyra walked out of the room, having not said a word the entire time and went back to Dumbledore's office. With a knock on the door, she entered at his command and sat across from him, her eyes refusing to meet his. "I understand that you've been angry, Lyra." he told and Lyra gave a deadpan expression back at him, her jaw clenching angrily. "I apologise but I simply cannot allow you to come on this one, but the next, and that is my promise, I will bring you on the next."