fourteen - dumbledore's army

*

*

Lyra James awoke at dawn, the sun shining onto her face. She moved away, turning away from the beam of light from the semi-closed curtain that shone directly into her face before opening her eyes, sighing when she couldn't get back to sleep.

She put on her pyjama robe before walking down to the bathroom downstairs to see a house elf poking a boy awake. "Harry Potter, sir!" She heard.

Lyra stopped, widening her eyes at the scene.  "Whozair?" He said, sitting upright in his chair. The fire was almost out, the room very dark.

"Dobby has your owl, sir!" said a squeaky voice.

"Dobby?" said Harry thickly, before Lyra continued walking to the common room. "Who's there now?"

"Okay, so this is weird." she replied to Harry, walking forwards to him before noticing the house elf and smiling brightly at him. 

"Dobby, Lyra." Harry introduced.

Lyra crouched down to the house-elf's level, shaking his hand. "Hi, Dobby. It's nice to meet you." she beamed at the house-elf who smiled excitedly, jumping up.

"Miss Lyra, hello!"

"Just Lyra." She corrected she pointed her wand at the fire before saying. "Incendio."

The logs in the fireplace lit again before she actually saw the elf. He was standing on top of the table, wearing all of Hermione's hats on his head.

"Dobby volunteered to return Harry Potter's owl," said the elf squeakily, the elf staring at Harry lovingly, "Professor Grubbly-Plank says she is all well now, sir."

"Thanks, Dobby!"

Lyra smiled to Dobby before she ran to upstairs. She came back with a pair of thick pink socks. She handed them to him as a present before he looked at her, overjoyed. "Thank you, Miss Lyra!" he exclaimed.

"No problem. But have you been taking all the clothes Hermione's been leaving out?"

"Oh, no, Lyra," said Dobby happily. "Dobby has been taking some for Winky, too, sir."

"Yeah, how is Winky?"asked Harry and Dobby's ears drooped slightly.

"Winky is still drinking lots, sir," he said sadly. "She still does not care for clothes, Harry Potter. Nor do the other house-elves. None of them will clean Gryffindor Tower any more, not with the hats and socks hidden everywhere, they finds them insulting, sir. Dobby does it all himself, sir, but Dobby does not mind, sir, for he always hopes to meet Harry Potter and tonight, sir, he has got his wish. But Harry Potter does not seem happy, Dobby heard him muttering in his sleep. Was Harry Potter having bad dreams?"

"Not really bad," said Harry, yawning and rubbing his eyes. "I've had worse."

Dobby shook his head, making himself comfortable on Lyra's lap as she sat on an armchair opposite Harry which made her smile down towards him sweetly."Dobby wishes he could help Harry Potter, for Harry Potter set Dobby free and Dobby is much, much happier now."