forty - the way back to hogwarts

*TW : panic attack

*
TW : panic attack

*
Lyra James sat in the floor of Fred and George's old room with her back leaning on George's bed, folding clothes on her lap that had just come out of the wash as she heard Harry obsess over Malfoy for the tenth time that week.

"Yes, I've already agreed it was fishy, Harry," Hermione said, clearly annoyed with him as everyone else was, "But haven't we agreed there could be a lot of explanations?"

"Maybe he's broken his Hand of Glory?" Ron asked, clearly not focusing. "Remember that shriveled-up arm Malfoy had?"

"But what about when he said, 'Don't forget to keep that one safe'?" asked Harry as Nox let out a whine in Harry's arms. He ignored her, "That sounded to me like Borgin's got another one of the broken objects, and Malfoy wants both."

"You reckon?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, I do," said Harry. Lyra looked up a second later, folding a pair of yellow trousers she owned and frowning as she didn't remember owning it, "Malfoy's father's in Azkaban. Don't you think Malfoy'd like revenge?"

"Mione, are these yours?" Lyra asked, looking up suddenly and holding up the trousers. Hermione shook her head.

Ron looked up, blinking and ignoring the two girls. "Malfoy, revenge? What can he do about it?"

"That's my point, I don't know!" said Harry, frustrated as he curled Nox up in his arms which looked completely adorable but Lyra's pushed the thought out of her head quickly. "But he's up to something and I think we should take it seriously. His father's a Death Eater and..." he trailed away awkwardly, Lyra looking up as she folded her school robes with a frown.

"Harry..." Lyra called at him but he ignored her. "Harry?"

"Your scar's not hurting again, is it?" Ron asked.

"He's a Death Eater," Harry began quietly before shooting upwards with the kitten cradled in his arms like a baby and looking between the four, "He's replaced his father as a Death Eater!"

Lyra had a furrow in the space between her eyebrows as she stared at Harry unconvincing - it was admittedly very hard to take him seriously as he was cradelling their kitten child in his arms. Ron erupted into loud laughter, apparently thinking the same thing as Nox lept out of Harry's arms to go to Lyra, circling up on the robes she had just folded to rest. "That us the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard..." she told him.

"Malfoy? He's sixteen, Harry! You think You- Know-Who would let Malfoy join?"

"Well, he was about to let Lyra join."

Lyra frowned slightly, putting a bonbon in her mouth, "Well, he let me join because I'm a seer and not because I'm special to him in any way besides that." she told him, "So, unless Malfoy is a seer or has magical abilities beyond what normal wizards can do... I think it's quite unlikely."