thirty three - a world alone

*A World Alone - Lorde

*
A World Alone - Lorde

*
Dylan James was exhausted.

He hadn't slept in over two days, being granted leave as soon as the new Minister had heard news on his sisters disappearance. They had a few meetings together, the aurors were focusing on finding her, since she was the youngest of those who had disappeared but it seemed as though they had no leads or solutions to where Lyra James had possibly been taken.

He sat on the sofa that he owned, in clothes that he hadn't changed out of in over three days, in the apartment that he hadn't left in weeks and watching a soppy reality TV show that had been running for years before. He was lying upside down on the sofa, hair in a bun, a large packet of crisps in his hand and a bottle of fire whiskey on the sofa as he watched.

He had never been like that before. He had always been up and constantly joyous. Most of the time, he had a smile on his face but right now, a sad expression lay as he watch the random reality star with the dodgy accent get dumped by her boyfriend. He had been happy and free and loving. But that was usually the effect that Lyra James had on people.

He had been in the same position for roughly 15 hours, his eyes screaming for something else to do or watch but he refused to budge. That was the only thing that kept his mind someone occupied from the impending doom that his sister could possibly be in.

Three weeks. It had been three weeks since she had gone missing. A week since he had stopped visiting the Burrow and pretending to be strong in front of them - Harry, who had been taken from his aunt and uncles house the next day when Lyra had disappeared, had only been staring at him like it was his own fault and he hated it. Two weeks since he'd walked out of the Order meeting out of frustration and anger, choosing not to yell at anyone but visiting his local gym so he could punch something. Exactly sixteen days since she had last illegally used magic.

There was a knock on the door. There were always knocks on the door. Dylan always opened but never let them in. Dylan James wanted to be left all alone and the Order didn't want to understand that, so he blanked them out. The only one who was let in, truly let in, was Oliver Wood.

They often sat together, in completely silence while Dylan beat himself up about letting his sister slip through his fingers. He had a shot to save her, to be the noble Hercules he'd always tried to be but, he didn't. Instead, he let himself get knocked unconscious and he didn't even say what he'd wanted to say to her. He said he couldn't help. He regretted it almost immediately.

Oliver came by from the kitchen, walking by and getting Dylan to lift his head up and placed it on his lap instead. He ran his fingers lovingly through his boyfriends hair and frowned when he'd seen the tear-stains on his cheeks. He wiped them with care and Dylan sighed, closing his eyes and melting.

"There's someone at the door." he whispered.

"Leave it." Dylan muttered softly.

"You need to get up." he replied.