one hundred and five - bait.

*

*

Lyra James, Harry Potter and Ethan Dolohov were taken to Hogwarts to be looked over by Madame Pomfrey, the three all voting against St. Mungos and the insecurities of the Wizarding world. Hogwarts wasn't any better, they were still haunted by the memories but Madam Pomfery was sure to distract them all from it.

Ethan had not been lying when he had stated that he didn't suffer under Dolohov's capture. He seemed to be physically well and healthy... healthier than Lyra even. Harry only had smoke in his lungs and a developing cold from the rain which was easily treated by the woman.

Lyra was the problem - her hand was blistered and it would scar, especially as it was a wizard-made fire, not a man-made. The smoke in her lungs was worse than Harry's but the worst of it was her werewolf bite and her mangled ear, which had both automatically started bleeding the second that she'd entered the building even if she didn't realise it.

"It must be cursed." Lyra spoke to Remus Lupin, Sirius Black and Dylan James, shirt off and lying on a hospital bed besides Harry, who was sat on the other side and facing her. Madame Pomfrey was treating the wound the best that she could considering as she held a cloth to her ear to stop it from bleeding. "There's no other reason why it would be bleeding, I haven't been touching it."

"Maybe it's the place, the building." Ethan chimed.

"Must be." Harry responded, Lyra grasping his hand when she felt a strong sting of pain. Sirius squinted his eyes between them before glaring to Dylan, who raised an eyebrow.

"What do you say, Poppy? Will I make it?" Lyra joked with a large grin.

The woman only smiled, cupped her cheek with her palm and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. The seer, who wasn't accustomed to her affections, only smiled brightly. "You will be just fine, Miss James. Now, I usually recommend sleep and lots of it but I'm afraid Minerva has other ideas. You're all to see her."

"It's not good." Remus spoke.

Lyra stood, placing another jumper on her to cover her torso behind the screen and allowed Madam Pomfery to patch up her ear as quick as she could, "Yeah, I guessed when I was being summoned to her office like I'm in first year again. " the seer's eyes narrowed towards Harry who was looking at her when she'd finished and she winked in his direction. "Where's Dae and Amina?"

"In her office too, I think she's giving them a talk into about the secret but she promised she'd go easy on them."

"McGonagall? Being easy? I'll believe it when I see it." Lyra groaned as she turned, rubbing her bandages anxiously. "C'mon."

"No, she actually wanted to speak to you alone first, Lyra." Remus spoke.

The seer hesitated before holding the winter jacket in her hand, striding through the castle to get to her destination. It was the middle of the afternoon at Hogwarts, the February sun gleaming through the ancient castle's windows and admiring every part of it. She never realised how beautiful it was, even with the memories she had within the dungeons. The sun always set at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry which was probably her favourite thing about it.