thirty nine - suspicions

*Lyra James' head was rested on the chest of Harry Potter, her face raised to the sky as the white puffs of cloud move gently on their way

*
Lyra James' head was rested on the chest of Harry Potter, her face raised to the sky as the white puffs of cloud move gently on their way. Her eyes were kept towards his hand which was placed on Lyra's bare thigh as she doodled onto it. Harry was watching Nox sprint and leap around the garden with a smile on his face, trying to with Ron who seemed reluctant.

Crookshanks ran towards the kitten, Harry widening his eyes in alarm for a few seconds and tensing up suddenly. This, in turn, made Lyra turn to face him suddenly but looking back to see that Crookshanks had tried to snuggle up to Nox who ran back away to lie on Lyra's stomach which was clothed in a T-shirt she had stolen from Ron and try to climb up to lick her.

Lyra hadn't gotten used to having a pet yet. Merlin had always more independent, he didn't need to be fed and cuddled and Nox loved cuddling. She hissed at anyone who walked close to Lyra, her claws extending from her paws which everyone found adorable, especially as Nox was so small.

"Is she trying to threaten me again?" Harry asked her softy, above the sound of laughter and bickering which came from Ginny, Ron, Hermione and Ethan (whom had taken the Knight Bus and was invited to tea by Mrs Wesley as soon as she heard that he was spending most of the summer all alone).

Lyra tilted her head inquisitively at her kitten, her ocean blue eyes gazing into hers which made her want to melt into the grass from cuteness. "I think so." she said at the kitten who's claws had come out and she tried to scratch at Harry's ankle. "Ah, Nox, Harry is not an enemy." she warned her, stroking her face and cheeks lovingly while she purred. "Say sorry."

Nox miaowed at Harry which made both of them chuckle before she went off to play with Ginny's Pygmy Puff, which she had bought on their trip to Diagon Alley. "What are you drawing?" he asked her warmly and she smiled. "Not sunflowers again."

Lyra pulled a face that showered intricate concentration as she pieced together the constellation she was drawing onto his hand, shaking her head. His eyes finally fell to it. "Oh, wait I know this," Harry said suddenly, putting his arm around her so both of them could see it properly. "That's the Aquilia--"

"Aquila." she corrected.

"It's been 3 months, give me a break." Harry said and she chuckled back, "The brightest star is Altair and it's name is the Eagle." he said as Lyra hummed in affirmation, listening to his heart beating slightly quicker than usual.

"Do you think they'll get together?"

Lyra looked up at him and followed his gaze to where Ginny was being chased by Ethan, laughing happily when he finally caught her, placing his arms around her waist. Her knees drew to her chest and it was so clear that they'd want nothing better than to run around and have fun like they were children.

"Perhaps." she replied with a small chuckle when Ethan put her softly down and they exchanged words before bursting out into laughter. She shook her head, "No, actually, I'm predicting it."