forty three - fighting it is hopeless

*"We're on a break

*
"We're on a break."

Lyra lifted her eyes up from her book to look at Ginny Weasley, sitting down beside her on the couch while Nox was asleep on her lap. It was the morning of the Quidditch trials and Lyra was attempting to not think about it even though Harry told her she'd get in (but if she saw someone who was better than her, she'd definitely force him to put them on the team) . Ginny didn't look particularly downtrodden, "We are on a what?" Lyra replied, cocking an eyebrow in confusion.

"Not us-- me and Dean, we are taking a break--" Ginny replied happily, leaning down on the sofa beside her. Lyra looked around, turning to Dean and Seamus who were looking back - Lyra pulled a thumbs up at them with a cheeky smile but the two immediately turned away and went back to whispering, "I'm not complaining." Ginny simply spoke, "A break is... refreshing."

Lyra raised her eyebrows, an impressed expression on her face. Lyra had spent time thinking about her relationship with Dean - what it had been? She had no clue why they broke up (she knew for a fact that he hadn't had any interest in Ginny when they had been together because Ginny would've told her). It all seemed rather... suspicious to her. She knew Dean like the back of her hand and this was not natural behaviour - he wouldn't just take a break, he'd try and fix it because that's the sort of person he was.

"Hmm... refreshing." Lyra added, deep in thought as Ginny turned towards her with a furrow in her brow. "Come on, I'm going to breakfast." she told the girl, slowly picking up the kitten as to not wake her and placing her onto the couch to let her finish sleeping. Nox had grown considerably since Dylan had bought her almost month ago but she was still quite small for her age and now tried to accompany Lyra or Harry in all parts of their day. Lyra didn't complain, she loved her kitten but it was a bit of an inconvenience when Lyra needed to get to lessons or to practice for the Quidditch trials. It was also an inconvenience that Professor Snape happened to be allergic to cats (Lyra took this as a massive red flag), which brought a downer to her mood considerably when Nox hadn't been allowed but Professor McGonagall, Sprout, Filtwick and Sinastra had all allowed the cat to sit in with the girl (not Slughorn as the fumes from the cauldron could be poisonous to her to which she said ' fair enough' and didn't press further).

Her and Ginny split as soon as they entered the hall, Lyra going to sit with Harry, Ron and Hermione but they still promised to leave together, "Do you know where Dumbledore went?" Hermione asked suddenly, without even saying hello.

Lyra's eyes moved to the staff table, Lyra raising her hand to wave at Minerva before noticing that the Head Teacher's chair was empty as usual. Lyra nodded, placing a piece of toast into her mouth, "Oh, yeah, he went to go and see Remus for some secret mission he's doing."

"Have you heard from Remus?"

"Not since last week. He sent a letter saying he wasn't going to be able to send anymore." she replied, slightly saddened, "Didn't really explain it at all but that's Lupin for you... cryptic."