ten - the stalker slytherin

*

*

Lyra slowly began to become more comfortable around Harry, Ron and Hermione as they began hanging out with her more. She didn't know why but they were, and she was greatful because she now knew that they didn't care at all about her being a seer and Lyra James was so happy because of it.

A week after the mess of their first day of fifth year, Lyra James walked by herself to breakfast with a book in her hands. She felt an arm tug her to the side, Fred grabbing onto her and handing her a newspaper as she dropped her book.

"Good morning to you too." She muttered slowly under her breath as she bent over to pick it up. "Yeah, I slept great. Rare, I know!"

Fred gave a smile back as she grinned successfully. "You know what, that would've been brilliant if I wasn't being serious right now." he replied as she looked down at the article about Sturgis Podmore trying to steal something from the Ministry curiously before sitting down.

"I was wondering what Remus was fussing about that day, I guess this is it." she replied simply before Fred and George looked expectantly to her. "What?"

George pointed towards his charge. "What was he trying to steal?" he asked curiously.

Lyra's glaze moved up to Albus Dumbledore at the staff's table who was staring at the three's interactions before furrowing her eyebrows curiously for him to tap his nose and look away. "I don't know." she replied as she pulled a face. "Whatever it is, it isn't my department and Dumbledore wouldn't have wanted me to know."

"Yeah but, could you find out--?"

"I'll ask Dylan." she replied with a small smile. "Is that all?"

The twins glanced worriedly to each other as they had spotted the writing on her hand, the girl hiding it quickly and walking away before they could say anything.

She tucked her hair nervously behind her ear as she strode past the Slytherin table where Malfoy had stopped listening to Blaize Zambini to glare at her.

***

Lyra James was sitting with Hermione, Ron and Harry writing essays for their classes before a owl flew into the common room. Lyra took the owl, hoping it was for her and smiling when she saw one letter addressed to her and other to Ron. "Ron, its for you." she told him as she gave the owl a kunt and sat up quickly before looking interestingly at it.

"Hey, isn't that-"

"That's definitely Percy's handwriting," said Ron, Ronald Weasley, Gryffindor House, Hogwarts. He looked up at the other three 'What d'you reckon?'

"Open it!" said Hermione eagerly, and Harry nodded.

Ron unrolled the scroll and began to read.

Dear Ron,

I have only just heard (from no less a person than the Minister for Magic himself, who has it from your new teacher, Professor Umbridge) that you have become a Hogwarts prefect.