seventy - godrics hollow

*

*

The mirror that Dylan James had given her was lay disguarded in front of her while Lyra attempted to find something for the three of them to eat. The locket was tucked beneath her hoodie (one that actually belonged to her) and she intended to keep it there so neither of the other two had to worry about it.

It had been a month, almost two, since Ron had left the group but it was clear that it still lingered. Lyra wasn't speaking directly to Harry, Hermione was constantly crying while Harry was simply dazed - had he been willing to face the immediate concequence of his action?

The shurrubs around the tent's general area - a forest where Eve had taken her and Dylan camping when they were young - seemed to be free from any mushrooms or berries that could've been eaten wild, stripped bare as if an animal had already grazed the area. She spread out further than she was supposed to and still nothing.

It had been three days since they'd have a proper meal so this one was nessecary.

"Find anything?" Harry asked as he stepped through to her, trying to meet her eye.

"No, it's been picked clean." she told directly with her eyes towards the floor.

"Someone's already been here?"

"No, no, it's nature.. it happens."

Her footsteps remained quiet even when she walked away, reaching for the mirror and moving onward to find something for them. She could hear Harry's footsteps following her as she did, her eyes tempted to roll to the back of her head but she controlled them the best that she could.

"Lyra?" she heard distantly, stopping in her tracks. She turned her face only slightly to look at him. He looked defeated, guilty and so sad, "Tell me what to do. Shout at me, do something."

Lyra met his eye for the first time in a month, apple green boring into her own cinnamon. There was a tranquillity to her that he hadn't seen in a while but it made him feel worse. "We've both done enough." she simply stated before going about her way.

"Lyra--"

Lyra shook her head, stopping and calmly saying, "Don't you dare say my name like that--"

"Like what?"

"Like you care. Like you don't think I'm some failure like Ron did... Like you love me."

Harry seemed taken aback by that, "I do love you." he mumbled .

"No, you don't. You don't love me and--" Lyra stopped sharply when her eyes met Hermione's, who had just left the tent to see what the communion was about and if they had any food. Her eyes were pleading - please, not another argument - so Lyra obliged and walked away.

Eventually, when she was fed and warm while bundled up under at least a dozen blankets and jumpers, she resided to the armchair beside Hermione's. The mirror was at her side while she read and eventually she heard sounds from the first other end.