seventy eight - a meeting of stars and constellations

*

*

"I told you, Sirius, I don't know. I just appeared in the cave, Kreacher was gone and I just needed to apperate so I did and it brought me to this lake even though I didn't want to and there was this random girl was drowning so I saved her and she whispered something into my ear - something about this place being something to do with the Order of the Phoenix, whatever that is, and I came here!"

"So, she told you--"

"Yes, she told me--"

A groan left Lyra's lips almost immediately after Regulus had finished speaking, her hand moving up to cup her eyes in front of the light.

She felt like she was dying. Her insides hurt like the day she was bitten. Her head was filled with the after effects of the cruciatus curse. Pain is power. She was dead. No, dying again. Something in between. She felt like she was having a hangover and getting tortured at the same time without the pleasure of getting drunk the night before. Her face burned, her face was blistering and every single scar she'd ever gotten in her childhood throbbed. Her eyes burned with tears again, squeezing them tight.

"Please, shut up." she mumbled before groaning, holding her side.

"Lyra? What's wrong?" Andrea whispered.

"It hurts."

"What does?"

"Everything. The bite... the scratches... everything."

"Lyra!" a voice called and rushed to her side, the hand immediately reaching her own. Lyra's eyes flickered open at the sound of his voice, a tired smile appearing as Sirius Black tackled her into a hug despite the fact that her entire body was considerably weakened. She was knocked back, stifling another groan but slowly sank within his arms. A sob travelled up her throat just as she began to process it, frantically squeezing him tighter. "Have I told you you're the bravest person alive?" he mumbled, muffled by her sweater.

"I-I did it?" she asked.

"Y-Yeah, Ly, you did it, you brought me back... someone else too but let's not get into details--"

"NO, ACTUALLY, I WOULD!"

Sirius briefly turned away, facing his brother with a roll of his eyes, "SHUT UP, REG!"

"'the fuck is that?" she mumbled weakly, sitting up with a groan, her arm covering her stomach just as she had done when she's been kidnapped. Her eyes met his and all expression dropped.