seventy six - kids in a war

*

*

Lyra James woke up with a sinking feeling on her stomach and her lungs filled with water.

She shot her head from under the blanket of water, coughing violently to expell the water in her lungs, leaning over. Her coughs began to become dryer as she continued, her throat aching considerably.

Harry Potter sprinted towards her from where he had been held back by Bill, kneeling directly beside her, helping her sit up and rubbing small circled into her back as she coughed. "Are you okay--?!" he asked frantically, her breaths erupting into wheezes which hurt every time she sucked in a breath. "Slowly, come on. Breath, Lyra, breath."

Lyra's cinnamon-brown eyes met Harry's as soon as he said it. His were completely softened, trying to make sure she was as okay as he could possibly help make her. She could feel her heart growing at the sight of him, feeling nothing but kindness. "You..." she wheezed before sucking in another breath to prepare herself to speak once again, "I... Love--"

"Hey, hey." Harry said to call for her attention, their eyes locked together. "I love you more."

"Doubt... that."

Harry chuckled and before he knew it, she had pressed her lips to his.

The rising tide and drowning could wait. The grey skies threatening them could wait. Lyra's hands gripped onto Harry's arms as if he was her lifeline. His hand made its way to her wet hair while the other was wrapped around her waist. She hadn't realised how much she'd been longing for him - two weeks since they'd kissed, more since they'd simply slept beside each other. It was the little things that made their relationship one they loved and the little things were severely lacking. They'd taken them for granted but if Lyra would do anything now she knew that Harry would die, it was that she'd never take anything with him for granted every again.

There were sudden footsteps, Harry slowly helping Lyra onto her feet to meet Bill. "Are you okay?" he asked out of concern as she slipped the reserection stone in her pocket and bent down to get her wand to dry herself. When she was released by Harry, she rocked on her feet unsteadily and grasped his hand for that extra security that was nessecary. "Come on, let's get you inside and dry."

Lyra nodded, walking with Harry back into the cottage. After the fussing of Fleur, the concerned questions from Dean and Luna and the side-eye from Griphook, Lyra sat down outside where the wind was whistling in their ears and the sun had began to peer through its barrier and relished in her time alone with the Golden Trio to tell them about the encounter with her parents and Harry's. Though, she did not tell them everything as what's in a seer's mind is usually kept safe there, she told them about Sirius - everything she'd learned since her first dream about it to James Potters' explanation.

When she had finished, Ron was the one who spoke up next. His eyes tore into hers and demanded the truth and the truth she was going to give. No more lies, "If that was the task that Dumbledore set you, why didn't you tell us?"