Chapter 2: Setting the Stage

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! Welcome back to RWBY: Heroes of the Omniverse!

Tsuyu: Second chapter already, kero, and it's a long one. 

EmperorJirachi: Yes, this is a bit long. However, I don't think that's a bad thing. Chapters for this story will vary in length, but won't be any less than 2-3000 words. You'll often find my chapters are a bit long, 5-6K+ words, so if that's a problem then I apologize.

Tsuyu: Blinks in confusion. Why would it be bad?

EmperorJirachi: Some people just have different taste in chapter/story length. Really though, I try to focus more on what happens in the chapter. That's why most of my chapters are as long as they are.

Tsuyu: Oh, okay. I guess that makes sense.

EmperorJirachi: Nods in agreement. Speaking of that, actually, I'd like to apologize if this chapter seems disjointed in any way. There is a lot of things that happen in this chapter, and therefore a lot of transitions had to be made. With that said, enjoy the chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story belong to their respective owners. Enjoy!

Chapter 2: Setting the Stage

Jaune frowned deeply at the red/black haired girl before him. Her eyes were so full of excitement and curiosity that he couldn't deny her. However, the question she had just asked was one that he did not want to risk anyone else hearing him answer.

Grabbing her by the arm, he pulled her into a nearby janitor's closet. He noticed her cheeks flush a light pink, probably because of their new surroundings and how close they now were, but decided to ignore it for her sake.

Focusing on the issue at hand, he quietly told her. "Not now, okay?"

"Why not?" Ruby pouted in obvious disappointment. "I think that as your best friend and co-secret holder I should know these types of things."

"It's simple. I don't want everyone knowing." Jaune answered with a serious look. He paused for a second before pointing out. "And technically, you're the only person at Beacon who I would consider a friend at the moment."

"I'm helping you hide the watch! You said it's a secret now, so we're going to have to trust each other with our secrets." Ruby argued, trying to use any logic she could think of. "We're going to be friends, so we have to trust each other with our secrets. Like how you faked into Beacon."

"True," Jaune paused before shaking his head. "But keep in mind that you only found out about the you-know-what by complete accident."

"UGH! Details, details! Are ya gonna tell me or what?" Ruby waved off Jaune's points and stared at him, her patience starting to wear thin.

"I will tell you, trust me I will. Just...not here." Jaune relented, slumping his shoulders in defeat. "We'll talk after dinner when we can find somewhere more private and aren't expected by our teammates to be eating with them."

"Hmph, excuses..." Ruby huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and looking away. She then gave him an expectant. "Tell me then, smart guy, where will we go? Beacon's a big place full of people. It's kind of hard to avoid at least someone hearing us."

Jaune didn't have to think long before he had his answer. "The roof. Meet me on the roof after dinner and I'll tell you everything."

"Why the roof?" Ruby gave her blonde haired friend a curious look.

"Because it's the one place that no one else would be. It offers us the privacy we need." Jaune answered before a thought crossed his mind. "It's kind of like a horror movie; no one ever looks up." With that explanation, Jaune exited the janitor's closet and started heading off to go finish his dinner.