Chapter 22: Swarming Beacon

EmperorJirachi: Hey everyone! Welcome to the next chapter of Heroes of the Omniverse. This chapter is very special. It's based on the live action/CGI film; Ben 10: Alien Swarm.

Ochako: Since it's based on a Ben 10 movie, you guys can guess that it's very long. You're all in for a big chapter. The longest in the story so far, actually.

Tsuyu: Well duh! It's the Nanoid invasion! Kero!

EmperorJirachi: That's right. After the dance and some light hearted fluff last chapter, this chapter is a lot more focused on the Omnitrix, action, and a bit about the friendships of everyone. Hopefully you'll all enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story belong to their respective owners and are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 22: Swarming Beacon

Jaune awoke early the next day with a smile on his face. The memories of dancing with Ruby, spending time with her, blushing and laughing, and the warm fuzzy feeling he got around her were all buzzing around in his head. He was very happy to have taken Cinder's advice.

As he got out of bed, he noticed the room was empty. Glancing at the clock, the blonde blinked in confusion. It was only seven in the morning. After spending the past several weeks living with Nora, he was used to being up at dawn, even if he didn't like it. But even if it was normal for them all to be up at this time, it wasn't often they left without him.

'I wonder where everybody went...' Jaune wondered as he started getting dressed. Once he was ready, he opened the door. When he did, he was surprised to see Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren all staring at him. "Uh... guys? What're you doing standing outside our dorm?"

"Waiting for you." Pyrrha replied simply, taking a step forward and placing her hands on his shoulders. "We wanted to...talk about something."

Jaune frowned. There was something off about Pyrrha's voice. She didn't sound friendly or cheerful at all. Instead, she sounded cold and ominous. He went to speak, but was cut off by Nora.

"Don't worry Fearless Leader. Everything will be fine..." Her voice was an emotionless drone, a far-cry from the bubbly, hyper girl that Jaune knew.

He took a step back, fearing that something was very wrong. "I, uh, I'd love to stay and chat, but... I just remembered that I need to talk to Ruby." He made up an excuse, slipping past the trio and beginning the trek across the hall. He made it halfway when Ren grabbed him and threw him roughly against the wall.

"Listen here Arc, you're coming with us to meet the Queen or else." Ren snapped heatedly, with Pyrrha and Nora drawing their weapons and standing beside him.

Eyes widening in bewilderment, Jaune realized something was very wrong. He raised his left leg and kneed Ren's shin to get free. He then dashed for Team RWBY's dorm, throwing the door open and slamming it shut behind him.

"Girls! Sorry I barged in, but there's something wrong!" Jaune called out. He saw Yang, Blake, and Weiss all turn their heads to stare at him.

"What?" They all droned in unison.

It was then that Jaune noticed Ruby was mysteriously absent, which worried him a little. Nevertheless, he quickly explained himself. "Ren and the others attacked me! They said they want to take me to see some queen or something. I don't get it! Something's definitely wrong."

The trio of girls shared a look before nodding and turning back to face Jaune. They slowly got to their feet, walking closer and closer until they were circling him. Jaune gulped, noticing the angered looks on their faces.