Volume 5 - Chapter 52: Breaking Atlas

Ochako is seen snooping around an abandoned warehouse in her Uravity outfit. She looks around for a few seconds and lets out a depressed sigh. Froppy, also wearing her hero's costume, appears out of nowhere next to her.

Froppy: Any luck?

Uravity: No... I'm really getting worried about him, Tsu-chan.

Froppy: Me too. Don't worry though, we'll find him.

Uravity gives a reluctant nod. She then notices the readers and puts up a brave face.

Uravity: Oh! Hello everyone! Welcome to the first chapter of Volume 5! I'm sure EJ would love to welcome you, but... Lets out a saddened sigh. Froppy and I still haven't found him yet.

???: Voice echoes ominously throughout the warehouse. You're much closer than you think.

Froppy and Uravity get into fighting stances and turn to face the mysterious voice. They let out a wicked giggle as they step out from the shadows and reveal themselves as a girl with raven hair tied into a ponytail and onyx eyes; wearing a black and silver version of Creati's costume.

Tsuyu/Ochako: In stunned unison as Tsuyu lets out a startled kero. Momo?!

Momo: That's right! It was me. I took EJ-senpai so that we could be together. And now... Now I'm going to make sure that he's all mine! Tehehehehe~

The three girls prepare for battle. However, before anything more can happen, the screen shifts away as the disclaimer appears and the chapter begins.

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story, except for any OCs, are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 52: Breaking Atlas

The Kingdom of Atlas was one made up almost entirely of frozen barren flatlands and mountainous regions. There were very few trees or other types of plant-life throughout most of the kingdom. The biggest exception being whatever spurts of wilderness that may separate the smaller cities from each other, and the kingdom's capital; Mantle.

Several miles northwest from the metropolis that was Mantle was Atlas Academy. A large institution which heavily resembled a classical European military training facility. The entire area was a muted grey, with very little color except for the few markings in icy blue of Atlas's symbol. Off to the side of the main school building were the dorms and the kitchens, with Ironwood's personal office settled at the farthest east point of the campus.

James Ironwood himself could be seen watching as students who had stayed at Atlas for the summer rushed through practice drills.

In the past six months, his appearance had changed drastically. His facial features appeared sunken while his short black hair was now messy, having begun to grey in several areas. His outfit was mostly unchanged, though his clothes were almost as unkempt as his hair and the glove he wore over his right hand was now the same bronze color as a penny.

James' eyes were cold and unfeeling as he watched on with disinterest. 'Why am I here? None of this matters to me. None of them could have helped her... I should be with my daughter, not watching these insignificant fools.'

The older man turned away, letting out a heavy sigh. 'I should have known better than to trust what Ozpin said. I shouldn't have put my faith into that watch boy or Ozpin's beliefs in magic. If I had brought in my troops early on, like I wanted, then this could have all been avoided. But I didn't. That mistake is one I won't make again.'

Ironwood could feel his anger bubbling up within him. He paged for one of his staff to come and watch over the students before marching off. He burst into his office, snatched up his keys and scroll, and went to leave. As he left, the general texted Winter to alert her that he would be heading to the lab and that he would need her to look over the academy.