Chapter 16: Pawns Advancing

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! Welcome back to the story. Last time, I mentioned that this story's update schedule is going to be changing. For now, the story is going down to one update a week. I'll be updating on Wednesdays as of this chapter.

Ochako: Senpai, why are you doing this?

EmperorJirachi: There are a few reasons. One of the bigger reasons is that I just don't have the ability to keep up with two chapters a week at the moment. These chapters are getting hard to write, and I want to make sure they are all of good quality. I'd rather give you guys one good chapter a week as opposed to giving two chapters that aren't as good.

Tsuyu: That makes sense... Frowns sadly. But that means less time with you, EJ...

Ochako: Don't be sad Tsu. We can always just go and help him with his other story, The Love of Many.

EmperorJirachi: Heh, heh... yeah. Smiles nervously before clearing his throat. Enough about that, let's talk about the actual chapter for this week.

Ochako: The one that's meant to be based on Painting the Town?

EmperorJirachi: Yes. I hope you all enjoyed last chapter and are interested to find out what's going on. There are a few things that happen this chapter, and they're all pretty big. Long chapter ahead guys, so I hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story belong to their respective owners and are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 16: Pawns Advancing

"I don't get it." Ruby stared down the ginger girl who was now sitting directly beside her. "How the heck did you punch straight through a giant truck without getting a single scratch?"

"I... well..." Penny fumbled, trying and failing to come up with any logical excuses for what had happened.

"I mean, c'mon! You can't even say it was a semblance thing. I've seen plenty of strength boosting semblances, and none of them let people do something that awesome without getting hurt! You'd have to be made of metal!" The reaper broke from her tangent to let out a small laugh at the thought. "Made of metal! Haha, that's hilarious!"

"Teehee, yeah..." Penny twiddled her thumbs. "...me, made of metal... so funny..."

Silver eyes widened in shock as Ruby picked up on the tone in Penny's voice along with her entire demeanor. "Wait a second. Are you-?"

"Pretty much, yes." Penny confirmed with a sigh of defeat. "I was designed to be the greatest being made by man. A machine with a soul. I may technically be made of metal, but my soul is no different than any other being. Besides, I have an exoskeletal structure which functions like the outside of a person's body. In addition, there are several internal processes that mimic the natural functions of a human body."

"Woah, that's really cool." Ruby exclaimed in excitement.

"Yes, I suppose some would view it that way." Penny replied softly, her expression downcast. "But... aren't you terrified?"

"Not really, no." Ruby shook her head. Penny stared at her in shock, and Ruby offered a friendly smile. "You said it yourself, you're just like any other person. If anything, I think it's awesome that you're part-machine."

Penny was taken aback by the reaper's words. The orange haired girl then offered a small smile. "Thank you Ruby."

"No problem," Ruby smiled back. Her expression then changed as brows knitted together in curiosity. "Does Jaune know?"

"Wh-what?" Penny stared at her in surprise.

"You know, Jaune." Ruby replied after a second's pause. "The guy with the watch that lets him turn into aliens. Ring a bell?"