Chapter 11: The Cat's Bow

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! Welcome to Chapter 11. This chapter is a parallel to the canon Volume One chapter; The Stray.

Ochako: Isn't that the second to last chapter in Volume One?

EmperorJirachi: Yes, it is. We're almost entering Volume Two territory. I can't believe we've gotten this far already.

Tsuyu: Well I'm not. Smirks evilly. When you've got awesome people like us backing you, it's no wonder you're doing so well Senpai.

EmperorJirachi: Well, uh, uh... Blushes deeply. Th-thank you Tsu-chan. But really, it's the readers that have helped get this story so far.

Tsuyu: Yeah, I guess so. In that case, we hope you've all enjoyed and will keep on reading.

Ochako: Right! You guys keep reading, and I'll keep Senpai company. Hugs EmperorJirachi as he blushes a bright red. Have fun!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story belong to their respective owners and are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 11: The Cat's Bow

It had been a little over a week since Cardin had woken up in the medical wing. And during that time, things had been surprisingly calm. Currently, all eight members of Teams RWBY and JNPR were in Vale shopping for weapon supplies.

Those who used ballistic weapons of any kind made sure to stock up on a variety of different Dust bullets and Dust mixtures in general while those with bladed weapons took advantage of sharpening methods.

Jaune wasn't quite sure why everyone but him had decided it was important to make such a trip. After all, they weren't exactly short on supplies at the moment. He had thought of asking a few times, but didn't have a chance as he was dragged out of Beacon and around Vale by his friends and teammates.

Finally, as they walked casually along the streets of Vale, the blonde knight found his opportunity. He turned to Pyrrha and gave a curious look. "Why are we stocking up on this stuff when we have supplies back at Beacon?"

Pyrrha offered her friend a soft smile. "We're making preparations for the Vytal Festival, of course. After all, it is only a few months away."

"What is the Vytal Festival?" Jaune asked. He had heard of it in passing at least a few times throughout the past weeks and needed to know the answer. He frowned at the surprised looks that everyone else was giving him. "What?"

"Are you being serious right now?" Nora asked curiously. "Or are you just trying to be funny? I know you like making unfunny jokes, so I just wanted to-."

"My jokes are funny," Jaune cut the Valkyrie off with a huff. "You all just have no taste in comedy."

"You sound like Yang," Ruby said while rolling her eyes and ignoring the glare her sister and her closest friend were both giving her. "But seriously, do you really not know what the Vytal Festival is?"

"Nope, I've never heard of it before coming to Beacon." Jaune shook his head before noticing the odd looks that he was getting. "What? Is it something important?"

"It's very important." Weiss responded with a serious face. "The Vytal Festival is a celebration of peace between all four of the Kingdoms of Remnant. Every two years, one of the kingdoms opens it's doors to allow for people all across the world to come and meet each other."

"Then why do we need all these bullets and sharp weapons and other stuff for fighting?"

Pyrrha picked up where Weiss left off. "The many different cultures of Remnant are celebrated in a variety of different ways through this festival. There are festive dances, parades, foods of all cultures, and a tournament to honor all forms of combat."