Chapter 57: An Unforgettable Birthday

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! Happy Halloween to all!

Momo: Dressed in a Cinder Fall costume. Yes! Tis the time of year for thrills and frights. The best time for a certain duo of Senpai-hoggers to... disappear! Hehehehe~

Ochako: Appears dressed in a Ruby Rose costume, shudders at Momo's creepy words. U-uhm... Yaomomo? You promised to stop that creepy Yandere stuff.

Momo: Scoffs. Like you and Tsu don't still act like Deres around him.

Tsuyu: Dressed up as Blake Belladonna; with fake cat ears and a tail. Sure. But when we do it, it's cute. Kero. Turns to Jirachi with an excited look. So, what'cha got in store for the readers this time?

EmperorJirachi: Well, if the title doesn't give it away, this chapter is about a certain someone's birthday. I thought it'd be cool to upload this on Halloween because it is Ruby's cannon birthday. It's also a really awesome holiday too. Now, I've had a few people point out that Ruby's birthday is incorrect in this story. Simply put, that was done on purpose. In this timeline, her birthday is July 31st. With that said, let's not dwell any longer and get on with the show!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story, except for any OCs, are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 57: An Unforgettable Birthday

The RM-11 sped through the dirt roads which connected the villages of Mistral at an incredible pace. Cardin had his eyes locked on the road while Velvet tried to rest in her seat. The other seven members of their group were all very uncomfortably squeezed together in the backseat.

Seven days had passed since Penny's revival, and in that time the group had a chance to adjust a little. It was still extremely odd to have Cardin and Velvet around again. It was even weirder with the now-enhanced Penny as well. Though absolutely no one was complaining about having their friend back after believing they would never see her again.

Sadly, the same couldn't quite be said for the mated couple. Most of the group weren't sure if they could really trust the Osmosian halfling or his beloved wife. Blake, for one, absolutely did not trust Cardin. She made that abundantly clear to everyone over the past week's stay in the infamous vehicle. Her thoughts on Velvet, however, were kept private for now.

Her lack of faith in Cardin mixed with how she avoided almost anything related to Velvet was something that her friends wondered about at least a few times. None were willing to ask though, as they felt it may be rude to push about such a touchy subject.

Cardin had noticed it as well, but hadn't said anything on the matter for the time being. For now, the brunette wanted to avoid any unneeded negativity which could lead to Grimm attacks. 'Grimm attacks are just more chances to die or have my ride busted up.' He thought sourly.

Other than Blake's obvious issues, and Yang's active support of her partner's feelings, the rest of Ruby and Jaune's friends weren't going to argue over their leaders' decision. They might not have trusted the alien halflings, but they did trust Jaune and Ruby's judgement.

Everyone in the back fell forth in a painful heap as the green and black car made a sharp turn off of the main road. Cardin reached under the steering wheel and flicked a switch which, unknown to most within the car's confines, shrouded the RM-11 in a layer of invisibility.

"What are you doing?" Yang asked suspiciously.

"Activating a cloaking field to help lay low." Cardin answered without taking his eyes away from what was in front of him. He did, however, rest a comforting hand against the side of Velvet's face when she let out a low moan of irritation brought on by the cloaking field. A gesture that earned silent awes from Ruby and Penny and a soft smile from Velvet herself.