Chapter 25: Un-ideal-ic Tension

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! Welcome to the next chapter of Heroes of the Omniverse!

Ochako: This chapter is definitely going to be an interesting one. Especially after last chapter and how everyone explored their ideals.

Tsuyu: Yeah, Kero! This should be fun!

EmperorJirachi: That it should. We're getting very close to the end of Volume Two territory, and this chapter will have something major happening in it. So, we won't keep you any longer. Hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 25: Un-ideal-ic Tension

The sun rose early the next day, bringing with it another day of training for the eight friends of Teams RWBY and JNPR. Winter and Qrow had them all undergo basic drills and exercises, trying to get a better understanding of everyone's fighting style.

However, something was amiss. Ever since the battle between Ruby and her teammates the day prior, everyone else had acted oddly towards both team leaders. Of course, this worried Jaune and Ruby both since they thought something might be wrong.

After training had ended, the pair of reaper and knight decided it was time to confront everyone. They waited until the others had settled back into the main campground before approaching them.

"Guys, is everything okay?" Ruby asked worriedly.

"Why do you ask?" Weiss frowned.

"Well..." Jaune paused, glancing at Ruby as she glanced at him. "You guys have been acting a bit off since yesterday. Like, ever since those training spars, you've all been acting as if something is bothering you."

No one else spoke for a moment. The tension in the air suddenly had become very heavy, and it was almost suffocating both team leaders. Finally, after what felt like an eternity but was really only a few minutes, someone spoke.

"Why?"

"Huh?" Jaune and Ruby both blinked owlishly, turning to face the one who had asked that sudden question.

"I asked why." Weiss repeated herself, a deep frown on her face. "Why are you both able to just keep going? No matter what someone tells you, no matter how bad it looks, you always end up getting back up. Why?"

"Well..." Ruby thought over the heiress' words for a moment. "I guess it's because I have people like you guys who care about me."

"Right." Jaune nodded, agreeing completely with Ruby. "Even if it doesn't look that great at the moment, I know I have you to count on. So that's why I keep going."

"But yesterday, you were faced with one of the most skilled Huntsmen in Remnant, and you didn't even flinch." Blake pointed out. "That takes more than a bit of reassurance."

Jaune opened his mouth to respond to that, but Nora cut him off. "Yeah, but they don't just have a little reassurance. They stick to each other like their lives depend on it."

"That is not true!" Ruby denied, anger beginning to rise in her.

"Isn't it though, sis?" Yang asked with narrowed eyes. "I mean, when was the last time you or I got to hang out and talk about something that wasn't the White Fang or your little boyfriend? I sure as hell can't remember."

Ruby opened her mouth to refute that, but knew she couldn't.

Instead, Weiss was the next to speak. "While I think the White Fang is an important issue, we cannot forget each other. Yet you two spend every moment you can together. You hardly interact with any of us without the other being there. I start to wonder if you've grown too dependent on each other."