Chapter 45: Snowy Resolve

Tsuyu: Waves at the audience. Hi guys!

EmperorJirachi: It's great to have you all back for more! I'm sorry for the delay, but a lot of things are happening in my life.

Ochako: Senpai's been really, really busy lately. And it's not gotten any easier with his newest semester at college started. Pouts sadly.

Tsuyu: Pouting with her arms crossed. He barely even has time for us... kero.

EmperorJirachi: That's not true. I always have time for you two. You're my favorites, after all. Blushes as they both envelop him in a bear hug. G-girls... ca-can't breath...

Tsuyu & Ochako: Whoops! Sorry Senpai! Both loosen their grip a little.

EmperorJIrachi: Takes a deep breath and exhale. It's okay. I'm fine. Turns back to the readers. As Ochako said, college has started back up for me. We'll talk about what that means for the book at the end. For now, I just want to give you all this chapter after such a long wait.

Tsuyu: Then what're we waiting for? Let them read, kero kero!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story, except for any OCs, are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 45: Snowy Resolve

While Cardin and Velvet were struggling with family issues in Menagerie, Sun and Weiss were spending some quality time together in Atlas. The two of them had eaten lunch in the family's dining hall, with Sun dressed in his human disguise. Weiss found it a bit awkward calling him Solaire anywhere that her parents might be, but she reminded herself that it was for the best.

After eating, Sun asked if Weiss wanted to train in combat with him, and the heiress agreed. Moments later, the duo found themselves in the middle of the Schnee family's personal training arena, locked in the midst of a spar meant to test their current abilities.

Things looked pretty even at first between the two of them. Sun and Weiss were both dodging each other's moves, managing to predict how the other would act. Sun also had the added advantage of being able to create explosions with his staff when it was connected, which Weiss had to keep a close eye for.

Neither combatant were really using their semblances either. While they knew their unique powers would be helpful, they also felt that they didn't need to call upon such force at the moment.

Sun leapt back to evade an attempted slash from Weiss, landing on his feet and raising his staff in a defensive stance. Mrytenaster bounced off the weapon, causing a small explosion as a side-effect of the weapon's defense system. As a result, Weiss was pushed back a few feet while smoke clouded the arena.

"You okay, Snow Angel?" Sun asked with a small bit of worry.

Weiss didn't answer verbally. Instead, she darted forward and attempted to knock the staff out of his hands. The monkey faunus yelped in slight shock, having not expected that. He disconnected Ruyi and Jinyu Bang, the chains that linked them dangling freely.

He then threw one of the chain-links at Weiss's rapier, managing to get a loose hold on the bladed weapon. The snow haired girl's eyes widened slightly in realization before narrowing in competitiveness.

Before Sun could try and yank the weapon from her, Weiss flicked the wrist of her free hand, creating a small patch of ice directly beneath him. The blonde lost his footing, slipping and falling onto his butt and nearly losing his weapon in the process.

"Hey! I thought you wanted this to be about skill." He pouted, frowning up at her.

Weiss offered a small smirk in response. "I believe this is normally where you'd say that some rules were meant to be broken. Am I right?"