Chapter 49: Tense Premonitions

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! Welcome back to another exciting chapter of RWBY: Heroes of the Omniverse! I know it's been awhile, but we're back!

Tsuyu: Yay! Hugs EmperorJirachi. I'm so excited, kero!

Ochako: Rolls her eyes. Of course you are. That isn't really a hard feat.

Tsuyu: Glares at Ochako while tightening her grip on EmperorJirachi. You wanna say that to my face, floaty bitch?

Ochako: Glares back and gets into a fighting stance. Come at me, you unoriginal frog!

EmperorJirachi: Glances at the audience with a pained look. Ca-can't br-breathe... Go on... without me. I'll... figure it out... Faints as eyes turn into swirls while Ochako and Tsuyu get ready to fight.

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story, except for any OCs, are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 49: Tense Premonitions

The sun rose the next morning over the island nation of Menagerie. Cardin found himself slowly waking not long after, groaning lightly as he slid into a sitting position and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

It was then that he noticed the bed was more spacious than it had been the night before. Cardin looked around and realized that Velvet wasn't there.

'Must've gotten up early.' The Osmosian boy thought as he got out of bed and stretched. He grabbed his toothbrush and walked off to the main bathroom of the Tennyson house. There were really only two; one attached to Gwen's room and one for anyone to use on the ground floor.

The halfling tried the handle and found it unlocked. He didn't give any thought to if he should knock as he opened the bathroom door. The sight he was met with made his face burn in embarrassment.

Velvet was standing with her back to him as she bent down to pick something up. That wasn't the problem with this scene. The thing that made Cardin feel like an idiot was the fact that his girlfriend was wearing nothing but a towel and he had a perfect view of her rear. Not to mention the fluffy ball of cotton over it that quickly caught Cardin's attention.

'What the...? Is that a tail?' Cardin asked himself. He mentally slapped himself, yelling inside his head for being an idiot. He then went to close the door in a hurry, hoping that he hadn't been caught. The brunette was stopped, though, by a very familiar lightly Australian-accented voice.

"I know you're there, love. Don't worry about it." Velvet rose from her bent-over position and turned to face the brunette with only a towel covering her moderate chest and curvy figure. Velvet didn't mind though. The usually shy girl walked a bit closer to him, a blush on her face as she said. "You should have knocked."

"Yeah, I know." Cardin's face burned brighter. Before he could stop himself, the indigo-eyed boy asked. "You have a tail?"

Velvet's cheeks turned a brilliant shade of pink. The rabbit girl glanced down, muttering softly. "Yeah... I, uhm, I don't like most people seeing it though. It's kind of an easy target."

Cardin rubbed his right arm in embarrassment as he stuttered out. "Li-listen... I'm sorry. I-."

"Let me get dressed, then we can talk." Velvet answered, gently shoving him toward the bathroom door. Her shyness was out in full force, her face turning a darker pink by the second.

Cardin didn't need to be told twice. He quickly left the bathroom and went back to Velvet's bedroom to wait for her. Velvet entered fifteen minutes later, wearing an unusually tight light pink tank-top over a pair of cream-colored shorts.