Chapter 29: Hacking the System

Tsuyu: Hi guys, Kero! Welcome back to the story! I know this is sort of Senpai's line, but...

EmperorJirachi: Running/flying around in the background as Ochako chases him. Ochako, please stop! I'm sorry I ate the last of the mochi! I'll get more!

Ochako: Anger burning her eyes. Oh, you'll give me more alright! C"mere so I can beat that mochi outta you!

Tsuyu: Sweat-drops. ...yeah. Senpai and Ochako are sort of fighting right now. Ducks out of the way as Ochako lunges past her to try and tackle EmperorJirachi. There's not much to say, Kero! Have fun reading!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story are not mine!

Chapter 29: Hacking the System 

The next four days were stressful for many people throughout Beacon. Not only were they dealing with the remaining matches of the Vytal Festival Tournament's first round, but they also worried about another attack like the one from Charm.

Professor Ozpin and General Ironwood both had made it a point to reassure everyone that they were safe. Neither man wanted an increase in panic, lest the Grimm grow strong enough from negative emotions for another attempted city breach.

At the moment, everyone was in the arena as Oobleck and Port both got ready to start announcing. Teams RWBY and JNPR, along with Cardin and Velvet, sat close together, with the rest of Velvet's team not too far behind.

"Ladies and gentlemen! This next match marks the beginning of the Doubles' Round!" Oobleck declared as the cameras began rolling and the arena's gates closed tightly. With several guards surrounding the perimeter, no one would be getting in this time. "For those at home, we should probably explain."

"Explain?" Port cut off his commentary partner with a roll of his eyes. "Come on Doctor Oobleck, surely you joke. The Doubles Round is simple. Two members of each team that won in the first round are going to pit up against each other. That's why it's called the Doubles' Round; every match is two against two."

"I suppose that's fair. Though you do realize that you ended up explaining it for me?" Oobleck smirked at the scowl that he received before taking a small sip of coffee. "Nevertheless, we shall continue. This first match up in the Doubles' Round is between Sun Wukong and Neptune Vasillas of Team SSSN from Haven and Nebula Violette and Gwen Darcy of Shade Academy's lovely Team NDGO."

Ruby turned her head toward Weiss, a small smirk forming on her face. "Hmm... What was it Yang said that you found so funny a few days ago?..." She pretended to think for a second as her smirk widened. "Oh right, I remember. Looks like your boyfriend gets to start things off." She and Jaune then started laughing as Weiss' face burned a bright red.

"Sun is not my boyfriend. At least... not yet." Weiss replied, looking down at the arena as the blonde monkey faunus and his blue haired partner entered the arena. Her eyes lingered on him for several seconds until he noticed her staring.

Sun's eyes glinted mischievously as he gave the Schnee heiress a monkey-like grin and winked at her. Weiss blushed an even deeper shade of red as she looked down. "We're just friends... though I wish we were more."

Jaune stopped laughing almost immediately. Ruby, on the other hand, took a second or two longer. Jaune, Yang, and Velvet all nudged her in the ribs, causing her to stop and glare at them. "Hey!"

Shushing her younger sister, Yang turned her attention to the icy heiress. "Don't listen to those two lovebirds, Weiss-Cream. They're just trying to mess with you a little. I'm sure Wukong and you will be going out before long."