Chapter 51: Pyrrhic Reunions

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone!

Tsuyu: Hops in excitement. It's here! It's here! The finale of Volume Four is here! Kero-kero!

Ochako: Indeed it is. We've reached another major point in the story, as the fourth volume comes to an end. And we're all glad to be here!

EmperorJirachi: That's right! So I hope you all enjoy this chapter and are ready to see where things will go from here. A lot is about to happen, so I hope you're all ready!

Ochako: Ready or not, on with the show! DISCLAIMER!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story, except for any OCs, are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter: 51 Pyrrhic Reunions

The air in Kuroyuri was thick with tension that night. No one really wanted to do much after their encounter with the Nuckelavee. Ruby had stuck even closer to Jaune than usual, her aura having slowly healed away most of the damage done to her. She was mostly just worried about the thoughts running through her crush's mind.

Jaune really didn't say too much. Ren and Nora's argument earlier had resparked feelings of guilt about Pyrrha's death. Feelings that he knew Ruby shared with him. Knight and reaper alike wished that it could have gone just a little different atop that tower. But knowing they couldn't change the past, they simply clung to each other and hoped for better times ahead.

Yang watched Ruby and Jaune carefully. Her conversation with Ren was still replaying in her mind. Part of her wanted to walk over and try to talk to her sister, but a slightly larger part couldn't bring herself to get close. So, she chose to simply watch and observe the way that the lovebirds interacted with each other.

Blake noticed how much attention Yang was giving her younger sister and the blonde knight. It was odd to see after about six months of watching the blonde mutate do everything she could to avoid them both while still acting as though she at least cared about Ruby. Blake wanted to be positive and think that maybe Yang was finally starting to get over her issues, but a voice of doubt made sure to remind her that she once thought the same for Adam.

The only two really at ease were Ren and Nora. The siblings sat outside and stared up at the stars in comfortable silence. Nora rested her head against her brother's shoulder as they both reminisced about the past. In an odd way, being home was as comforting as it was haunting.

The group of six weren't quite sure what was going to happen. They had no Bullhead, no real communication beyond their scrolls, and no clue of how to move forward. They were lost.

Meanwhile, in a camp several miles away, a man with messy black hair slowly opened his pink colored eyes. He let out a low groan as he forced himself into a sitting position, allowing his sight to adjust as he took in his surroundings.

He was laying on a small futon in what appeared to be a medic's tent. The flap opened to reveal Raven Branwen without her Grimm Mask on. Her purple eyes fell upon the sitting figure of her guest. "Oh, hello Qrow. Good to see you awake."

"Rae...?" Qrow gave a disoriented grunt as he struggled to comprehend where he was and what was happening. "Where am i?"

"My camp. I found you after an ambush and brought you here to rest." Raven answered as she took a step closer and pulled a small bottle of honey wine from her pocket. The black haired woman offered it to her younger twin with a well-hidden look of concern. "Take this. I think you'd appreciate it."

Qrow took the small bottle and popped it open. He sniffed it first before shrugging indifferently and downing half the bottle in one gulp. The veteran hunter could feel his strength slowly returning as he looked suspiciously at his sister. "Why'd you help me?"