Chapter 48: Legacy of a Levin

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! Happy New Year!

Ochako: I can't believe it's 2023 already... Time moves so fast.

Tsuyu: Uh-huh, kero. Hugs EmperorJirachi. And I'm glad that even after all this time, we've still got senpai here.

EmperorJirachi: Blushes and smiles. Thanks Tsu-chan. I'm glad to have you guys too. Turns to the audience. It's the first post of the new year, everyone! And this chapter is one I've really been waiting for. Why? You'll see.

Ochako: And while you all are reading... Pulls out a big box of mochi. Passes some to both Tsuyu and EmperorJirachi. We'll be celebrating the New Year! So have fun!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story, except for any OCs, are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 48: Legacy of a Levin

A young boy, roughly six or seven years old, ran through one of the many smaller villages of Mistral. This boy had shaggy chestnut brown hair, lightly tan skin, and indigo colored eyes.

The unknown child burst into a small two-story cabin which he called home, tears streaming down his face as he frantically looked for someone. It was clear that something was wrong with the boy. He had a few light scrapes and bruises all over, and there was even some blood trickling down his cheek.

The young child, Cardin, turned to see a short woman with fair skin in her late-twenties with short brown hair tied back into a bun and soft ocean blue eyes. Her name was Charlotte Winchester, and she was Cardin's mother.

The second he saw her, young Cardin rushed to the brunette woman, throwing his arms around her waist and sobbing into her stomach.

"Shh, it's okay honey. Tell momma what's wrong." Charlotte soothed her son, rubbing his back gently.

"Wh-where's papa? I-I ne-need to talk to him." Cardin stuttered out, shaking like a leaf as sobs continued to wrack his body. "I... I did a bad thing."

Charlotte tensed immediately at those words. No parent wanted to hear that their child had done wrong, after all. But it was even harder to hear when your child was an alien hybrid and "doing wrong" could imply so much worse than just a basic childish mistake.

The brunette woman was about to say something, but was cut off by a gruff, concerned voice. "Char? What's wrong with Cardin?"

The young halfling stiffened in Charlotte's embrace, fear obvious in his eyes and in his demeanor. The Winchester matriarch rested a comforting hand on her son's upper-back, letting him know it would be okay as she glanced over at her husband.

Devlin Winchester, formerly known as Devlin Levin before he had married, was a very tall man with broad shoulders and a lean yet muscular physique. He had tanned skin, spiky black hair that was slicked back and went to just below his neck, and a pair of deep indigo eyes. His attire was simple; being a black sleeveless tight shirt over a pair of jeans and black converse shoes.

"Pa-papa?"

"Hey, kiddo." Devlin stepped closer, kneeling down and fixing his gaze on the small boy. His stare was stern, but not cruel or overly harsh. "What did ya do this time? Knock over an ice cream truck?" The man smirked playfully, trying to calm his son with a light joke.

Shaking his head, Cardin mumbled something into his mother's arms.

Devlin raised a brow and asked. "Sorry kid, but what was that?"