Chapter 24: Battle of Ideals

EmperorJirachi: Hello readers! Welcome back to the story! While last time had some good laughs, this chapter is a bit more serious.

Ochako: Serious? You mean more fighting?

Tsuyu: Ooh! Ooh! I love fighting! Kero-Kero!

EmperorJirachi: Shakes his head and sighs. Yes, fighting. There is a good bit of fighting in this chapter. Of course, that isn't all that happens. Hopefully you all like this chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 24: Battle of Ideals

The sun had barely begun to rise over the horizon the next morning, painting the sky in hues of pink and orange. For a place like Mountain Glenn, this sort of beauty and peace was rarely seen past sunrise and sunset.

Just as soon as it came, it ended. A loud, amplified cawing noise shattered the peace and ripped through the silence of dawn. It also startled everyone except Nora out of their slumber. The various members of Teams RWBY and JNPR scurried to get dressed and get out of their respective tents.

Almost all of the girls of RWBY looked beyond angry for being awoken at such a ludicrously early hour. Blake, meanwhile, was unfazed. She wasn't the only one either. Weeks of living with Nora and Ren had trained Jaune and Pyrrha to rise early, even if they didn't like it.

No matter how unfazed they were, Yang most definitely was fazed. And she was also very angry. The blonde brawler stomped into the center of a small campground that had been set up beside their tents. She saw her uncle in crow form and threw her pillow at him.

The experienced Huntsman swiftly dodged before transforming back into his human self and smirking. "Nice try, firecracker, but you're gonna have to do better than that if you wanna hit me."

Yang grit her teeth while Ruby stepped forward, an annoyed look on her face. "Why'd you wake us, Uncle Qrow? The sun's not even really up yet..."

"Exactly. The earlier you get up, the sooner we can get down to business."

Winter nodded in agreement with Qrow's words. "Qrow is right. We have a lot to get done during our time here. Don't for a second think this is meant to be some fun field trip, it's much more intense than that."

Jaune took a step forward. "Trust us, we know. And we're ready for whatever you're going to throw at us. Right guys?" He turned to Ren, Nora, and Pyrrha with a determined look on his face.

"Absolutely." Pyrrha nodded, determination in her eyes as she stared both of their supervisors down. "We didn't come here to play, after all."

"No, we didn't." Blake agreed, an intense look in her gaze as she waited to hear what would happen.

"That so?" Qrow let out a small chuckle. "Well, that's good. For a second, I thought you were just a bunch of kids in way over your heads. 'Cause if you can't handle gettin' up this early, you're in the wrong line of business."

Everyone silenced their complaining at those words. They all became serious, shaking off any sense of drowsiness and staring intently at their supervisors. Their future as Huntsmen and Huntresses was being questioned, and they all wanted to prove their worth.

Winter and Qrow shared a quick look, seemingly having a conversation without saying a single word. They then turned to their respective students and nodded in agreement with each other.

Taking a step forward, Winter spoke in a firm tone. "Good. Now then, allow me to explain what is going to happen. Qrow and I both plan to test your ideals. Ideals are the driving factors in life, and we want to ensure that your ideals are true."