Chapter 9: One Step Forward

EmperorJirachi: Welcome back everyone! It's hard to believe we're already at Chapter 9.

Tsuyu: I know! And to think it was just yesterday Ochako and I were still chasing you... Good times, huh?

EmperorJirachi: Uh... Smiles nervously and nods. Sure thing, Tsu-chan.

Ochako: Right, sure it was. Frowns sadly. It's not like he was miserable that entire time because of us.

Tsuyu: Eh, it all worked out in the end.

EmperorJiachi: I suppose. Moving on to this chapter, I think you'll all like it. It has a mix between Cardin's path for redemption mixed with Ozpin discussing the White Fang and how to move forward. Hope you all enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings belong to their respective owners and are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 9: One Step Forward

Cardin awoke early the next morning. The sun had yet to fully rise and most people except for Professor Ozpin would still be asleep. Though he was tired, the halfling managed to silently slip out of Team CRDL's dormitory and quietly made his way out of the dorm hall.

The brunette carefully surveyed the area outside of the dormitories and saw that the coast was clear. Nodding to himself, Cardin then continued silently on his trek through Beacon.

Why was Cardin sneaking around Beacon Academy's grounds before sunrise? Well, he had an idea the night prior as to how he could help start his efforts to show his guilt toward the faunus and everyone else he had bullied in the past weeks while at Beacon. But to pull it off, he needed to be quiet and careful.

Later that Morning:

Teams RWBY and JNPR were approaching the cafeteria for breakfast. They were currently discussing the events of the day prior. Yang was still a little mad at both her sister and her dorky blonde friend for rashly running off and getting into trouble. Jaune and Ruby again apologized, knowing everyone was still hung up on it.

After Yang was satisfied, the entirety of Jaune and Ruby's friend group were curious about something else. Jaune's decision to forgive Cardin was on their minds. He had gifted the brunette half-alien with a chance to change for the better, something most wouldn't have done.

"I gotta ask Arc." Yang gave the blonde knight a curious look. "Why'd you forgive that scumbag? I mean c'mon Vomit Boy, he's nothing but a rude, offensive, jerk." She pointed out, gaining nods of agreement from almost everyone else.

Jaune scratched the back of his head in thought. Looking back, he wasn't sure. Why had he forgiven Cardin? Was it only because Cardin knew about the Omnitrix and had such a horrifying fate? Maybe, or maybe not. He wasn't sure.

He shook his head of all these questions. Ignoring any doubts, Jaune gave his best response. "I guess it's because I want us to be friends."

"What?" Weiss' eyes narrowed at the watch bearer incredulously. "Even after everything that brute has done, you still wish to be friends with him?"

"Wow Jaune," Nora commented. "I knew you were dumb, but I never realized you were that much of an idiot."

"Hey!" Jaune and Ruby's eyes narrowed, neither liking the way Nora insulted Jaune's intelligence.

The blonde shook off his friends' comments and took a deep calming breath. He looked at the entire group, intending to further explain himself. "Yes, I want to be his friend. Why? Because I believe that if he has at least one decent friend, then maybe he wouldn't be such a jerk to everyone. Maybe he just needs someone to show him the right way in life."