Chapter 23: First Mission Mishaps

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! Welcome back to the story!

Ochako: We hope you've been enjoying things so far. Things have been getting very interesting for awhile now.

Tsuyu: And this chapter has a surprise to make things even more interesting.

EmperorJirachi: Yes, Tsuyu's right. There are going to be two characters introduced this chapter that I think you all will enjoy seeing. So, we won't keep you for long.

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 23: First Mission Mishaps

The morning after the Nanoid incident, things seemed to be back to normal around Beacon. Most students were confused as to how it was suddenly Monday instead of Sunday, but they chose not to question it too much.

Blake in particular was baffled. Something was amiss, she could tell that much. But whenever she tried to think back or remember the events of the day prior, she found herself getting a massive headache and nothing more.

At the moment, all eight members of Teams RWBY and JNPR were walking toward the Communications Tower. They had been instructed by their morning professor that the assigning of their first real mission would be held there.

As they walked, Nora started to fill them in on what she had seen during the dance. "It was crazy! I'm telling you, this girl had weird tentacle things coming out of her back. And she was messing with computers. And-"

"That's enough Nora, we get the picture." Ren cut her off, shivering slightly at the mental images of what Nora had described.

"What I don't get is why someone would do such a thing." Weiss interjected, a thoughtful look on her face.

Blake didn't say anything for a second. She then turned to Nora, a serious look on her face. "Nora. What did these tentacle things look like?"

"Well, uh, they were long, red and black, and kind of gave me the chills. It was almost like I saw a ghost." Nora answered.

Everyone froze at those words, stopping dead in their tracks and staring at the Valkyrie. She noticed the looks she was getting and started to feel a bit self-conscious. "What?"

"A ghost?" Yang asked with a serious look on her face. "You mean like Zs'skayr?"

Nora blinked for a second before remembering the creature that Team RWBY had described to her. Her eyes widened, realizing the link between what she had seen and their spectral enemy. "Oh shit... You don't think they were with the White Fang, do you?"

"It sounds pretty likely." Jaune replied, trying very hard not to let on that he knew anything about Zs'skayr. As far as anyone else knew, he had yet to really see the Ectonurite-Grimm hybrid.

As they all started walking again, entering the communications tower and heading toward the assigning area, Ruby asked. "So, what do we do now?"

"We stick to the plan." Blake answered firmly. "We just have to choose Hunters stationed in the south east of Vale. That's our best lead right now."

Everyone nodded in agreement, knowing that the cat faunus was right. Jaune and Ruby then separated from their teammates, walking over to the assignment terminal and both scanning their options.

"See anything?" Yang asked, getting a little impatient.

"Wait a second, sis." Ruby replied, continuing to read down the list. Finally, at the very both of the many offered Hunters, the red/black haired girl saw two different options for Southeastern Vale. She nudged Jaune, pointing them out. "Jaune, look."