Chapter 40: She May Fall

EmperorJirachi: Hey everyone! Welcome back to the next chapter of Heroes of the Omniverse!

Ochako: Calls sweetly from another room. Oh Senpai~ I made you some Kohi Zeri to try!

EmperorJirachi: Blushes in embarrassment. Ochako-chan... I'm trying to introduce the next chapter...

Tsuyu: Also from the other room. You better hurry then, senpai! Cuz otherwise, I'm gonna eat it. Kero! Laughs her Kero-laugh while Ochako also lets out a small giggle.

EmperorJirachi: Aww... no fair! Pouts in disappointment before turning back to the audience. Well, I guess I won't keep you guys too long before the chapter. I will say though, this one is a really big chapter. There is going to be something really important that we'll talk more about after it's over. For now though, I hope you all enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 40: She May Fall

The cloaked figure who had saved Cardin and Velvet earlier could be seen flying at incredible speeds. She soared through the air, occasionally looking down to try and find something. Finally, she saw what she was looking for and swooped down, turning intangible and diving down into a small cave off the coast of Mistral.

Once she was inside of the cave, the unknown girl slumped against the cave's wall and let out a sound of misery. In a voice that sounded very familiar to most, only a bit distorted, she muttered. "They were so afraid. Even though I tried to help them... they still treated me like a monster."

"Most don't like what they cannot understand. In fact, it quite scares them." The voice which had helped her save Cardin and Velvet, along with the entirety of the ship they were using, spoke once more.

The cloaked figure tensed for a moment before letting out a dejected sigh. "It doesn't matter. I suppose they're right. I am a monster..."

"You are no more a monster than I." The voice replied telepathically.

That struck a nerve. The cloaked woman growled in anger. "You have no idea what you are saying!" Her anger mounting, the cloaked girl rose to her feet, clenching her fists as she called out into the darkness. "Who are you?! Where are you?! How are you speaking to me?!"

All that was heard for a few moments was pure silence. Then, finally, the voice answered. "You know exactly who I am. I am the one who holds half of the Fall Maiden's power."

The mysterious girl's eyes widened as she let out a stunned whisper. "Cinder."

"Yes." Cinder admitted without any hesitation. "And as for where I am or how I am speaking to you, I'm afraid I can't answer those yet."

"What do you want from me?!"

"The same thing I want for everyone on this planet, to help." Cinder could tell that her listener didn't believe her in the slightest, and decided to try something that she really didn't want to have to resort to. "If I may, let me ask you a question. How did your family treat you? What did they do when they found out?"

Flashback; Mistral, Roughly Four Months Ago:

A large, four-armed, female figure flew down in front of an impressive-looking manor. Looking around, she could see no one wandering the streets of her hometown. She reached out and tried to open the door, but found it locked. Frowning to herself in confusion, she turned intangible and slipped through the front door.

The house was eerily quiet. It was as if no one had ever lived there. Then again, this wasn't unusual for the figure. She had spent her entire life in this manor, and it never quite felt right. It always felt like it was quiet and empty. Only now, it didn't feel so comforting.