Chapter 59: Far From Haven-ly

EmperorJirachi: Hello all! Welcome back to the story!

Ochako: Clasps her hands and smiles cutely at EmperorJirachi. That's awesom! I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next!

Tsuyu: Me too kero! Last chapter was such a rollercoaster. I wonder how senpai plans to follow it up.

Momo: Well what are we waiting for? Besides, the sooner it starts, the sooner we get to cuddle him.

All three girls give the half-Jirachi wide smiles. EmperorJirachi blushes a deep red and looks away in embarrassment.

EmperorJirachi: U-uhm... okay then. Enjoy the chapter, everyone!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story, except for any OCs, are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 59: Far From Haven-ly

Everyone packed up their things and got ready to continue early the next morning. Most of the group were still reeling from the story that Ruby and Jaune had told them about the dark future.

Velvet kept even closer to Cardin than usual that morning. The brunette faunus knew that her beloved was troubled, and wanted to provide comfort. Unfortunately, Cardin appeared to be completely detached from reality. The half-Osmosian kept staring blankly into the distance. The only signs of life from him was an occasional mutter of incoherence under his breath.

Blake hadn't stopped glaring at the half-Osmosian since she'd heard of his betrayal in that future. Yang hovered around Blake with a worried look as though she were afraid something would happen to the faunus at any second. Nora could be seen hugging protectively onto Ren with a fearful glint in her green orbs. And while all of this happened, Penny was left to wonder what had become of her in that future.

Ruby and Jaune started to regret telling any of them about the dark future. The way their friends were reacting led the duo of leaders to realize that perhaps it might have been better to at least sugar-coat parts of it.

The only reason they hadn't was because they thought that telling the full story would be a good way to help prevent that timeline. Yet all it really seemed to do was create unneeded negativity.

Ruby pressed her knuckles into her forehead and mumbled chidingly to herself about not thinking things through. Jaune, similarly, berated himself for not considering what could go wrong with their plan. The newly formed couple shared a look and nodded.

Minutes later, Cardin watched everyone squeeze their way into place in the backseat of his family's pride and joy. He then slipped robotically into the driver's seat and grabbed onto the wheel. The brunette drove off without a single threat against anyone messing up his ride.

Velvet kept a worried eye on her husband. She wanted to say something to comfort him, yet she also knew he wouldn't admit to his feelings in front of everyone. The Anodite-faunus hybrid resigned herself to this thought and told herself that she would just have to wait for the right opportunity to come.

No one spoke for quite some time. The group in the back didn't even complain about how cramped it was. The closest that anyone came to conversation was when Cardin hit a bump and they were forcibly thrown into each other; earning many moans of pain and muttered apologies.

Finally, after almost two hours of unbearable silence, Ruby decided to take action. "How much longer till we get to Haven?" It wasn't the best way to start a conversation, but it was all that the young Rose could think of.

Cardin answered with a thoughtful hum. He glanced down at the GPS in mild curiosity. A wide smirk of pride touched the brunette halfling's face when he noticed how close they truly were to their destination.