Chapter 53: Reunion's Rebound

EmperorJirachi: Slips out of bed and sneaks into a private space while Momo is fast asleep. Hello and Happy Fourth of July to you all! Things have been as good as they can despite my situation with Momo. And hopefully, that won't be a problem for much longer. Read on for now while I try to get a message out to Ochako and Tsuyu. Enjoy the show!

The full-Jirachi went to start typing into a keyboard. Though he was completely unaware of the shadow lurking behind him. Momo could be seen with an overly sweet smile and a wicked glint in her eyes.

Momo: Whispers to herself. He's so cute when he thinks he can escape~! Soon enough, Senpai, you'll be begging to stay. Tehehehe~

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story, except for any OCs, are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 53: Reunion's Rebound

Jaune Arc stared up into the cloudy morning sky of Kuroyuri. The blonde knight had done a lot of thinking over the past four days since Pyrrha had revealed her new self. He ran through the events atop Beacon Tower in his head for the umpteenth time and let out a groan.

'What else was I supposed to do? I had no other options. I thought... I thought that blowing up the Omnitrix would have saved her. Guess I can add that to the long list of dumb ideas I've had over the years.' A dry, bitter chuckle escaped the blonde at that last thought.

"Hey Vomit Boy," Yang startled her fellow blonde with her sudden appearance, sitting down next to him and staring up at the endless expanse of clouds. "Nice view, huh?"

"I guess..." Jaune muttered. He closed his eyes and exhaled softly in an attempt to free some of the stress he felt. "How's Blake?"

"Better. She still can't handle loud noises at all, but at least you can talk to her now without making her feel like her head's gonna pop." The blonde mutate joked lightly with a loose shrug. "Rubes is watching over her for now."

"Oh..." Jaune was a bit surprised to hear that. Yang had refused to let anyone else care for Blake, other than Ren seeing as he was more medically qualified, since Pyrrha's brutal assault.

"Yeah..." An awkward silence settled over the pair of blondes for a few seconds. Yang then suddenly asked. "Are you okay?"

Jaune blinked. "Huh?"

"I mean... after what happened..." Yang trailed off before shaking her head. "You've been kind of shut off for the past few days. Hell, Ruby can barely get through to you. So I figured something might be bugging you."

Jaune didn't say anything in response to that. He stared at Yang in mild curiosity and a bit of surprise. After almost seven months of her anger and resentment, it was almost surreal to see her show genuine concern for him. It was also incredibly reassuring in an odd sense. Jaune knew that everything between himself and Yang was not fully settled, but it was still nice to be reminded that she cared.

Perhaps that was why the Ultimatrix wielder found himself opening up to her. "It's just... I've been thinking over all that stuff Pyrrha said. How I ruined her life and... well..."

"You feel responsible for what happened?" Yang questioned knowingly.

"In a way," Jaune admitted. He pulled up the sleeve to his hoodie and stared down at the Ultimatrix with a thoughtful look of guilt. "I guess... I guess I've been trying to figure out what else I could've done that day. Ya know, if I didn't blow up the Omnitrix..."

Yang gave a look of understanding. She knew better than anyone how that sort of thinking went. She had spent several months brooding over what might have been if the Fall of Beacon had gone even the slightest bit different. Her eyes subconsciously fell to her left arm for a few seconds before rising back up to meet Jaune's gaze. "I get it. I kind of think of how different things could've been a lot too."