Volume 4 - Chapter 39: Rude Awakenings

EmperorJirachi: Bursts into the room with a big smile. Hello everyone!! Welcome to the next volume of RWBY: Heroes of the Omniverse!

Ochako: Volume Four is finally here! Senpai has been working hard for this, and so far it's looking really good.

Tsuyu: Jumps in and grins, looping an arm around EmperorJirachi's shoulders. That's right, kero! So you all better be ready for some fun!

EmperorJirachi: Hehe, don't mind these two, they're just excited. And honestly? So am I. This volume is going to be very interesting. It even starts with the integration of a certain character from Ben 10 who I think you all will be very happy to see. I will warn you now though, this chapter is a bit White Fang centric. It's also got a lot to do with Cardin and Velvet.

Ochako: Shrugs. Won't be the first time for either.

Tsuyu: Or the last, kero.

EmperorJirachi: Right, well, enough talk. You all probably want to get started with the next volume, so me and the girls won't keep you any longer. I really hope you all enjoy the first chapter of the Volume Four!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 39: Rude Awakenings

Salem stood beside one of her elite scientists, the same one who had helped her create Zs'skayr. The older woman stared down at Cinder with dismay and somewhat well-hidden concern on her face. "Alloysius, is there nothing that can be done?"

"To be honest, my lady, I am not sure." The leading scientist, a tall, tan-skinned man in his late sixties who stood of moderate build with slicked back white hair and deep brown eyes, answered grimly.

Salem's eyes snapped toward the older man with displeasure clear across her face. "What do you mean you are not sure?! You are supposed to be one of Remnant's leading experts on genetic science!"

"I assure you, I am." Alloysius stated in his smooth, almost hypnotic tone. "But the problem is that her DNA has become very unstable as a result of the excess genetic material running throughout her systems. Her biological sequences seem to be slowly pulling themselves apart. And without the power of the Fall Maiden, she would be dead by now." He then tilted his head down sadly. "Without some sort of stabilizer... I am afraid there isn't much I can do."

"What would you need in order to create a stabilizer?"

Alloysius's eyes widened for a moment in surprise. He quickly regained himself before answering. "With the right technology at my disposal, I could create a device which would help with keeping her somewhat stable until her DNA can work itself out. Though we will need a proper stabilizing agent to assist the device. And that, I'm afraid, is currently beyond science."

'Beyond science... but not beyond magic.' The dark goddess thought, though she didn't say anything in response to her expert researcher. She instead began to debate a potential solution, one that she wasn't entirely sure would work. 'It is a risk, but...' She looked down at Cinder's limp form once more and narrowed her eyes in determination. 'I am willing to take it.'

With her mind made up, the Lady turned to her scientist with a very stern look on her face. "I do not care what it takes. Do whatever you can. I cannot afford to lose Cinder." Her face softened ever so slightly as she glanced back at the comatose girl. "None of us can."

The head scientist nodded his head. "But of course. You can count on old Doctor Animo to do his best." He told her reassuringly with a small smile. He then scurried off to work, knowing that his entire reputation as a genetic scientist was on the line, along with the life of a young woman.