Chapter 19: Cat-astrophic Malfunction

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone. Time for some Omnitrix glitches!

Ochako: Ooh, sounds fun! It's been awhile since the last Omnitrix-based chapter.

EmperorJirachi: Well, this one isn't completely about the watch either. It's more about something that the watch does which creates an odd situation. Jaune is about to get a taste of faunus life.

Tsuyu: Wow! That sounds cool! What're we waiting for? Let's start this thing!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story belong to their respective owners and are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 19: Cat-astrophic Malfunction

Everyone was startled the next morning when they saw Blake sitting next to Yang at breakfast. They had to make sure they were seeing correctly, and when they were sure they weren't hallucinating, the others all smiled.

"Hi Blake," Ruby offered a warm smile to the she-faunus.

"Hello Ruby, everyone," Blake replied simply, taking a long sip from her tea. She then frowned at them all, a look of guilt on her face that startled them. "I... would like to apologize."

"For what?" Nora asked, raising a brow.

"There's no need to apologize. You haven't done anything wrong." Pyrrha reassured as well.

Blake shook her head. "No, I need to do this. I worried you all over me for no reason. I just... I was consumed by everything. That nightmare I had and the idea that the White Fang could swoop in and attack at any moment scared me. I wanted to make sure you all would be okay. But in the process, I worried you all senseless over me."

"It's okay Blake, you did what you thought you had to." Ren answered for everyone, a knowing look on his face as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Your past haunts you, and that phantom led you to do what you felt was best. We just don't want you to push yourself too far."

"Yeah," Sun nodded in agreement. "Don't worry too much, we aren't mad."

"You're not?" Blake asked, her eyes skeptical but her voice filled with hope.

"No, we're not. We understand why you acted the way you did." Jaune answered firmly, reaching out his left hand and placing it directly over hers. He squeezed it comfortingly before staring her directly in the eyes. "The White Fang is going down, one way or another. But killing ourselves over them isn't going to do any good." 'I should know, I have to worry about them every day just like you do.'

Blake was silent for a moment before smiling softly. "Thank you all. I'm glad to have you as friends."

The others all smiled back, sharing the sentiment. Yang then looped an arm over Blake's shoulders, a small smirk on her face.

"I agree with you, Blake. The eight of us make a pretty good team, huh?"

"We do." Blake nodded before turning back to her food. "It's a good thing too. We'll be needing a good team for after the dance."

"What comes after the dance?"

"Our first mission assignment." Blake answered while taking a bite of her waffles. "We'll be shadowing an active Huntsman or Huntress. I believe that will be a perfect time for both of our teams to strike. If we both can pick Hunters stationed in the southeast of Vale, then we can try to attack the White Fang."

"And since they won't be expecting us to come, much less with two fully-fledged Hunters by our sides, we could actually stand a chance." Pyrrha finished, a knowing smile on her face. "That's brilliant!"