Chapter 50: Kuroyuri Kindred

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone and welcome back! I hope you're as excited as I am for what is up ahead.

Tsuyu: Why's that, kero?

EmperorJirachi: Because, Tsu-chan, this chapter is the second to last chapter of Volume 4. There is a lot that is going to happen. Not to mention a lot of things that I'm sure some viewers have been anticipating for some time.

Ochako; In that case, we shouldn't keep them waiting. Grabs EmperorJirachi and drags him off into the other room. C'mon Senpai! Let's go cuddle while the readers enjoy the chapter.

Tsuyu: Glares jealously. Oh no you don't! It's MY turn with him! Races after them as the disclaimer appears.

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings, except for any OCs, are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 50: Kuroyuri Kindred

The team of RBY/JNR decided to head Qrow's advice and stay in Oniyuri for a few days. During that time, the group rested, scavenged the destroyed town for any possible supplies, and trained. Out of all of them, Ren and Nora were the least active in these efforts.

The pair of orphans spent a lot of their time wandering the wreckage of Oniyuri. It brought back so many memories for both Ren and Nora. This place may not have been their home, but it was so similar in architecture and so close in location that it brought out many memories.

One incident in particular had been on their second day in Oniyuri. Ren stopped and stared at a one-story house which was almost completely destroyed. Claw marks and large gashes in the building's face hinted that the destruction was Grimm work. The longer he stared, the more Ren wanted to look away. But he couldn't, not with the memories rising within him.

He saw a flash of black and piercing red eyes. He heard snarls and the sound of tearing flesh. The reclusive gunner's entire body was shaking as the sounds became louder and louder in his head. He only stopped when he felt someone grab his shoulders and shout his name in his face.

"Ren!"

Ren gasped, throwing his arms around Nora and trembling. The orange haired girl didn't flinch or even question it. It made sense to her. Her emerald eyes fell upon the house that had shaken her brother, and frowned. Instead of say anything, she simply rubbed his back and did her best to reassure him it was all okay.

Everyone was beginning their fourth day in Oniyuri when Ruby and Jaune announced that it was time to move on. The duo of team leaders had decided that there was nothing else to gain from staying and that they needed to keep moving. Not only that, but Ruby added that the longer they stayed in one place, the more vulnerable they were to more attacks from Salem's underlings.

No one argued this. Nora and Ren simply shared a look, knowing what might come ahead but also knowing they had to. Yang seemed indifferent while Blake was a bit worried. The cat faunus mostly was concerned that some of her friends were pushing themselves too much. But even then, Blake knew Ruby and Jaune were right and that staying longer wasn't a good idea.

And so, the group of six were off. They gathered their things and began the trek up the mountains. It wasn't long before they reached the infamous Shion Valley, though there really was nothing there. Nothing except for the rubble of a few small inns for travelers.

"Didn't that Liath guy say we'd be able to find something useful here?" Yang asked crossly. She was very much not in the mood for anything, much less finding out this whole trip had been a waste.

Nora paused for a second. "Well... I remember when Ren and I were younger, people used to mix up Kuroyuri and Shion Valley. They thought that Shion Valley was actually our village's name when it really was just a rest between the two villages. So maybe that's what he meant?"