Chapter 8: Secrets Shared

EmperorJirachi: Welcome back everyone! Before we get too into this, I want to say something. I was discussing in the comments of last chapter about Cardin's abilities and how they are similar to a certain someone from Ben 10. This commenter seemed to like the idea, but thought it came from sort of out-of-nowhere.

Tsuyu: Isn't that the point, Kaeru? We aren't supposed to know much of anything about Cardin until after the Forest of Forever Fall, right?

Ochako: Yes and no. Prior to last chapter, we knew almost nothing about Cardin except that he's devious, overconfident, and likes to push others around. The personality is similar to Kevin Levin. And last chapter, he showed off that he also has powers like Kevin Levin.

EmperorJirachi: There is a reason for that. Cardin is sort of like the Kevin of this timeline/universe. After all, every world needs a Ben (or Jaune), and every Ben (or Jaune) needs his friends. Jaune has friends like Ruby and the others in RWBY and JNPR, but none of them know the secret. Cardin just found out the secret, and he also can be helpful.

Ochako: There will be more on Cardin and his role as the story goes on. We hope you like the idea of Cardin being like Kevin, and if not then we're sorry. Cardin might not be the only halfling in this story though... so...

Tsuyu: Grabs EmperorJirachi from behind and snuggles him while glaring at Ochako. Enough talk! You're giving too much away! Let's get on with the chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings belong to their respective owners and are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 8: Secrets Shared

Jaune felt like a deer caught in the headlights of an incoming car. He stared wide eyed at Cardin, who was grinning like a wolf while he was still encased in the crimson red crystals which Diamondblood was made out of.

Jaune couldn't think straight. He was too afraid to think clearly, it was almost like his head was spinning. For the second time, since Ruby, a student of Beacon had discovered his secret. And of all the students it could have been, it was Cardin Winchester.

The knight felt like he was going to be sick from anxiety-induced nausea. He tried his best to collect himself then took a shaky breath and attempted to speak. "I... I can explain this." Jaune barely managed to get it out as Cardin's grin grew dangerously.

"No need, dorky." Cardin stepped forward, closing the distance between himself and the blonde knight. "I get it. You can use that watch of yours to become a shapeshifter. And not just any old shapeshifter either; an alien shapeshifter to be exact."

Jaune was almost dizzy with fright upon hearing those words. That combined with his preexisting anxiety made him want to vomit or faint. Cardin had just given a fairly accurate description of how the Omnitrix worked on the most basic of levels.

He had to say something, he couldn't just let Cardin walk away with that type of knowledge, after all. "P-please Ca-Cardin, don't tell anyone...please! I'm begging you!" He got on his knees and actually begged.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. Now get off your knees." Cardin's demeanor changed to a much more nonchalant attitude. "My lips are sealed...mainly because Ozpin seems to like you and I'd prefer not to risk getting kicked out over some bullshit reason." 'There is also the fact that he just saved my ass, but I'm still trying to process that.'

"Wait, mainly?" Ruby's gaze narrowed at the brunette bully in suspicion. Cardin hoped she wouldn't ask the question he was expecting, but of course she did. "What else could you possibly get out of keeping my and Jaune's secret?"

Cardin's face grew serious at that question. "Two reasons; one is that he just saved my life. I figure keepin' quiet would make us even. And two, well, let's just say that Jauney over there ain't the only one with skeletons in his closet."