Chapter 38: The Ultimate Hero

EmperorJirachi: Well... it's finally time. We're finally here. The final chapter of Volume Three. It's been a long time coming, and I hope that you're all as excited as I am!

Ochako: There is so much going on in this chapter, so many things taht are going to come up and need to be seen to be believed.

Tsuyu: It's gonna be awesome! Kero-kero! So you better not miss it!

Ochako: Rolls her eyes. I doubt they're going to leave now after reading the rest of the volume.

EmperorJirachi: Gets very nervous. I, uh, I hope not. Then again, some may remember me saying that I was really nervous about this whole volume. And this chapter is part of why. So... we won't keep you all waiting. This is one of the most anticipated parts of the story, so I really do hope that you all like it!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 38: The Ultimate Hero

Blake wasn't sure what made her run off. Something had told her that danger was near, danger far greater than the Grimm she and Yang had been battling. Turning a corner of the battlefield and finding herself in front of the library, Blake went to keep moving.

A fist stopped her in her tracks, sending the cat faunus onto her butt. She hissed angrily, leaping to her feet and pulling out her weapon. But any sense of anger or aggression left her the second she saw the facemask of her opponent. "A-Adam..."

"Hello, my dear. It's been far too long."

"Not long enough." Blake replied meekly, her body beginning to shake terribly. "Th-this can't be happening. You aren't really here. You can't be here!"

"Oh Blake, my love, of course I am here." Adam gave a creepy smile as he stepped out from the shadows. His eyes drifted to Blake's waist, taking note of a certain something. "Oh, what's this? I could have sworn I had taken care of that for you before that train incident. I hold onto it, you know. As a reminder of our love. A reminder of the day that you left." Adam stepped even closer, pulling his blood red sword from behind his back and grinning creepily at her.

"St-stay back!" Blake took a step away as he took another step forward. Everything that he had just said had sent shockwaves of terror throughout her entire being. This was the one person she feared most on this planet, and he was standing right in front of her. "Stay away from me!"

"What she said!" A voice shouted as a fist landed on Adam's cheek, sending him staggering back. Yang stepped out from the shadows, eyes glowing red and narrowed into slits with her fists at the ready.

"And who in Monty's name are you, human?" Adam spat hatefully, regaining his composure from her surprise attack.

"The last person whose friend you should be messing with!" Yang retorted before going to attack once more. She threw a punch, but Adam surprised her by catching her fist and twisting her arm painfully. "Arrgh..."

"You humans are so funny. You think you can take on anyone. Little do you realize the disadvantage you are at," Adam twisted her arm once more, causing Yang to cry out in even more pain. "My days of fearing humans ended long, long ago. You aren't even an insect compared to some of the humans I've seen."

"Ye-yeah right." Yang glared hatefully at Adam before lifting her other arm and firing a round of Fire Dust in his face. Adam released her as he cried out and stumbled back a few feet, shaking himself back to his senses in time for Yang to deliver a left hook to his face.

Blake watched fearfully as Yang continued to try and fight Adam. But unfortunately, the surprise factor had worn off, and Adam was back to having the upper hand. Every strike Yang attempted was blocked or countered. Even with the assistance of her semblance and the buildup of kinetic energy, Yang was still no match for Adam in her current state.