Chapter 14: The Story of the Seasons

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! How are you all doing?

Ochako: We hope your enjoying the story so far.

Tsuyu: Now we know what you're thinking. Why is there a chapter about the Four Maidens' story in early Volume Two? Well, for one, this story obviously isn't strictly following every event of canon. The other is that it's important for things coming up.

EmperorJirachi: Tsuyu's right. This chapter also has the return of a certain someone. So, we won't keep you all waiting or go overboard with explaining things. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story belong to their respective owners and are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 14: The Story of the Seasons

Ozpin found himself staring out into the morning sky as he sipped his first cup of coffee for the day. He heard the door to his office slide open and took another sip of his caffeinated drink. "Morning, James. If I may, what brings you here?"

General James Ironwood of the Atlas military stood in Ozpin's doorway. He was familiar enough with Ozpin for this behavior not to faze him in any way.

Ironwood himself was a tall black haired man who dressed sharply in a white overcoat, a grey undercoat, a black sweater, a red necktie, white dress pants that were neatly tucked into white boots, and a white glove covering his right hand.

The general took a second to organize his thoughts before speaking. "I think we should talk about Vale's defenses."

"I see," No emotion could be seen on Ozpin's face as he spoke. "If I were to guess, you wish to take a more militarized approach."

Ozpin's words were meant as a statement, as he could see the faintest hint of airships hovering in the air. Many military vessels with the mark of Atlas could be seen looming over both Beacon and Vale. "I'm afraid that this is a mistake. Doing this will only alarm the populace. Doing that could lead to unnecessary problems."

James expected that response, and couldn't help but let out a dry chuckle. "Indeed. However, it would be better to prevent any more attacks from the White Fang. They have already stolen one of our ships, some of our other equipment, and sent those horrific mutant Grimm creatures into the city. Not to mention the message you received recently."

"Let me ask you something James," Ozpin spoke calmly. "Would bringing in more forces stop the opposition from doing any of that again?"

"That is the intention." James took a step closer to the Headmaster of Beacon. "I can understand your worries, but we need to ensure everyone's safety. He said we need to be prepared for what's up ahead. If that comes at a little fear, then that's the price we'll have to pay."

"The Grimm feed off of fear, you know." James scowled at Ozpin's words, but didn't reply. Instead, the white haired man sipped at his coffee before speaking once more. "We will have to expend more resources to ensure no Grimm can reach our borders. He said to prepare ourselves, not to open the doors for a full-scale invasion."

"I am aware of that, and I have already stationed some of my men to counter this as best they can." James sighed. "We don't really have much else of a choice, Ozpin."

"We have him." Ozpin pointed out, talking about a completely different person than the one James kept mentioning.

James scoffed at that thought. "Him? That boy with the watch? He's far from what I would call reliable. He is nowhere near ready to fight anything like the White Fang. What makes you think he will be enough?"

"On his own," Ozpin turned his head and locked eyes with the Atlas general for the first time that morning, "he won't. However, with the right help, he'll be more than enough to help us all."