Chapter 6: A Message in Hellfire

Tsuyu: Hey everybody kero! Welcome back!

Ochako: We managed to convince Senpai to update a day early again, since last chapter was a day early and he agrees with us that you readers all are awesome.

Tsuyu: Uh-huh, you're welcome, Kero. But it should be back to the regular Sunday/Wednesday schedule. So, next chapter should be up on Sunday.

Ochako: Speaking of EJ... Smiles down at the full-Jirachi in her arms. Say hi Senpai!

EmperorJirachi: Hello... Looks down sadly.

Tsuyu: Aww... Don't be sad Senpai! We're together now.

EmperorJirachi: But I feel so small... and this form doesn't even give me that much magicunless I'm sleep deprived. Pouts while looking down at hisJirachi form, glaring at the bands around his stubby arms.

Ochako: We know! But you're so adorable like this! Giggles while lifting him up and nuzzling his face.

EmperorJirachi: Blushes lightly. I guess... Well, I hope you all enjoy the chapter. I'll be here... still tiny...still in chains... No worries about running...couldn't even if I wanted to... Sniffling all the while.

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story belong to their respective owners and are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 6: A Message in Hellfire

The next two weeks following JNPR and RWBY's team exercise, and Jaune's misadventure as Grey Matter, were just as tough if not tougher for the wielder of the Omnitrix. To say the least, it was not fun to be Jaune Arc at the moment.

While his fighting skills and strategizing had slowly and steadily improved, he was still far, far behind most of the students at Beacon as far as combat was concerned. It didn't help that the Vytal Festival was also a constant pressure, even though he didn't really know much about what it really was.

But, as luck would have it, his lackluster skills weren't the only problem either. If they were, then things probably wouldn't have been all that bad.

One of the biggest things he faced was that he had hardly been able to bond with his team. This was a problem for chemistry building which could help them better work together on the battlefield. Plus, he thought of them as friends and felt guilty that he wasn't able to bond with them more.

What really didn't help there was that they were all concerned about Jaune, something that was both annoying and reassuring at the same time. It showed they cared, and that was nice.

But minus the odd conversation during meals, teasing Jaune and Ruby about their supposed relationship, or any of the friendly outings Team RWBY, Ruby specifically, would plan, Team JNPR hardly did anything together. It wasn't that any of them wanted that to be the case, it just was the way things were.

'Heck, even then I just end up either failing at flirting with Weiss, getting yanked away by Cardin, or talking with Ruby in private about the Omnitrix or whatever else we feel like talking about.' Jaune thought while studying with his team.

The thought of Ruby was enough to make the blonde knight smile despite himself. He honestly wasn't sure why the cookie lover brought such a smile to his face, but he didn't mind.

'She just knows how to make me feel good when I'm sad or unsure.' He told himself, though he didn't entirely believe himself.

He then frowned as the thought of someone else returned to him. 'Cardin...'

Jaune often had to do whatever the brunette asked, especially his homework, to avoid the risk of Cardin going around Beacon spreading whatever he might know about Jaune or the Omnitrix. After the Grey Matter incident, Jaune had to beg Ruby to repair Executioner and come with him to present it to Cardin in case the brunette was displeased.