Taken everything from me. (76)

Gray's breath was shallow as I held the gun to him, my hand felt fragile underneath it and I willed it not to shake. Sweat beaded on my brow as I watched his charming smile grow.

"You look gorgeous with a gun in your hand." He laughed and blew a couple of strands of his perfect fluffy black hair out of his face while he held his hands up. "Love." He smirked back his deep raspy voice mocking me making my skin burn.

I pushed the gun up against his chest, my finger begging me to pull the trigger as anger thrashed down on me like a vengeful wave in a storm. Every part of me wanted to make him pay. I gripped the collar of his shirt tugging him towards me as my eyes burned through his.

"Gray I swear to god I will shoot you," I growled with a sizzling determination in my throat.

But the angrier I became the happier he looked.

"Go on then." He whispered, his smug voice sending chills down me.

"You don't fear death?"

"I fear what you're father would do to me if I let you and your friends go, love."

"If you don't get me and my friends out of this place I will put a bullet in your chest Gray." I let the words linger in my mouth, I loved the taste of them. Being in control. For once I loved knowing someone's life was in my hands, something was intoxicating about each word and knowing it was directed towards him, the man I hated more than anything else in the world.

"Do it." He shrugged. "Prove me right, that you are exactly like me." His eyes glared through me. They were pushy as if daring me, trying to nudge me off a cliff.

I knew he was trying to anger me into not doing it, he knew I was stubborn and that, that was the last thing I wanted but in this case. He deserved it. I couldn't help the smile that tugged at the ends of my lips.

He was finally going to die.

I could no longer hold back the tension in my finger and I pushed down fast on the trigger staring at him in his misty flaming eyes as the bang went off. For a second, I waited as my blood buzzed. I waited for the life to drain out of his eyes. For his stupid little smirk to despair. But the fizzing in my blood faded out.

"Do you really think I would be so foolish as to hand you a loaded gun?"

A lump rose in my thought.

"I just wanted to know if you had the guts to do it." He seemed taken aback, at that moment he really wondered if he was going to die. I smirked at the look on his face but cursed at myself for thinking it would be that easy. "I underestimated you, but rest assured. It won't happen again." He growled.

But that's the thing. He did, even now. He is underestimated how much I hate him, death would be too good for him. But he doesn't need to know that.

I reached into my own back pocket with a smugness. Gripping the bullet I snatched from my father's office and prayed to God it would fit and in an instant before he could stop me I loaded the gun. A perfect match.

That was pure luck, but he didn't need to know that either.

When I was searching through my father's office I found some in the draws and I knew he would notice if I took too many, so I took my chances and picked one.

I had known the whole time Gray's gun wasn't loaded, it was way too light to be loaded, after all, although I might not have had much training the training I did get was from a hitman, the best in the game, the man who never misses a shot.

But I had to admit I played it off well, I never considered myself a good liar but I had to give credit where credit was due. He believed I believed it was loaded and that was his downfall. The way he continues to underestimate me.