I went home. (41)

I saw a hooded figure, they were tall and wearing all black, with a presence that shook me yet that made me feel safe.

When they saw me look at them they quickly rushed out and were gone in a flash.

But my head was too cluttered to even think about that stranger in the hallway all I could think about was my mum and couldn't help but zone out, blocking the world around me.

"Jess!"

"Jess! Hey!"

Everything started becoming clearer and then I saw him, Lucas, the one person in the world I just really needed. Despite what he had said to me before I couldn't think enough to be angry at him I just jumped into his firm arms.

"Jess im so, so sorry." He whispered in my ear and I looked at him and felt a calmness rush over me I found comfort in his presence like as long as I had him I knew I was going to be okay, at least that's what I told myself trying to silence the voice inside of me saying I was an awful daughter.

"I'm just glad you're okay." Lucas smiled, his dimples showing.

I tried to smile back but it was too soon. To early. So I didn't say anything. I had been taken to a little room to compose myself waiting to get out of this god forsake Hospital.

"Well, im officially an orphan," I muttered.

Lucas swallowed, "Your dad could still be out there-"

"Please, maybe his cold dead body, it's probably crumbled to dust by now, and even if he was still alive, with all this time he left me and my mum, he is dead to me."

"Im sor-"

"Don't be, It's not like you can bring him back," I said coldly starting to remember all the reasons I should hate Lucas right now. "I just can't believe I'm all alone." I whimpered and I felt the tears rush back out of my eyes.

"Hey, you're never going to be alone. Not as long as im in your life."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and my heart jumped, hoping it was a nurse coming to tell me I could go home.

The door opened and as soon as I saw their face my head filled with rage and more tears came spilling out.

As soon as Liam laid eyes on me he rushed down to my side.

"Oh my god jess are you oka-"

"Get away from me!" I screamed pushing him back.

Liam jumped back in shock, his face filled with hurt and confusion.

"I know your lying to us! To me! To Lucas." I yelled and Liam gave Lucas a look.

"Jess don't-"

"No Lucas! Stop talking to me like im crazy!" I cut him off.

"Get away from me Liam I never want to see you again! I know you didn't go where you said you went! You even saw me driving after you and you sped off!" I screamed tears still rolling down my face.

"Jess please just let me explain." He said stepping closer his face was shadowed with confusion but it didn't matter to me. The thumping in my head just got worse when he was here.

"What so you can lie to me more? No, It all makes sense," I shook my head. "If you hacked into the Mafias system why didn't you know that Raymond was a trap? Why didn't you know they were going to ambush us-"

"Jess, I told Hunter to tell you guys that I was kicked out-"

"That's bullshit."

"How can it be bullshit when half the gang works in the base with me and can testify it?-"