Save your ass (79)

"Jess watch ou-" Lucas was interrupted by a bullet flying past me so fast I could taste the silver flare coming from it.

I pulled the door back looking behind me at Lucas and Johnathon in shock.

"Well if we're gonna get out of this alive." Lucas huffed walking over to a draw, his stride was determined, concentrated, prepared. "We're gonna need something better than a couple of pistols." He quickly grabbed some draws pulling them open and searching until his hazel gaze lit up. "Oh." He smiled. "You'll like this Johnny boy." He chimes and pulls out a machine gun handing it to Johnathon and Jonathon took it like a teddy that was dear to him.

Then Lucas quickly reached back in before pulling out a rifle and holding it out to me. I swallowed as I saw him like that, his shirt still stained bloody, his muscles tense, he looked down on me with demand and that familiar feeling of my knees going weak and my stomach warming filled me, I missed it so much.

I would do anything to see those beautiful dimples again.

"I don't know how to use that thing." I whimpered.

Hey I know I'm part of a gang but we hadn't got that far in training yet don't judge.

"Did you grab your whip?"

"No, I didn't get a chance to-"

"Then it's either this or a bat." He raised his eyebrow.

Footsteps were rushing towards the door as all the men clambered towards us.

"I'll take the bat." I grin.

"What? What are you gonna do with a-"

"Guys I don't think we have time to argue about this." Johnathon cut in and with a huff Lucas threw me the metal bat and I caught it with a grin.

"I better not have to save your ass, Jess." He rolled his eyes.

"I better not have to save your ass." I retorted as the heavy metal door shot open smashing against the wall behind it and Adrenaline pumped through me, fuelling me.

Bullets flew in the air in an instant as the guys came flooding in so did the bodies dropping to the floor, after a while of shooting the men pushed past the door and came straight for me. I swang at one's legs and he flew to the ground with a chilling crunch.

Another man punched from the right and I shot down, my breath going shallow as he barely missed me. I put my leg out on the way up and tripped him before smashing him in the stomach, The impact rattled through my skin as he spat blood.

The alarm rattled in my head but I forced myself to tune it out.

Stay focused, Jess.

Then I turned around kicking a guy back and he went smashing into a wall but he stumbled back up and charged for me so I swang around and grabbed him by the arm as he flipped over my back crashing into the floor.

My mouth tasted metallic and the air smelt tangy, the walls were splashed with blood and the floor was slippery. But at least that was over.

The only ones left standing were me, Lucas and Johnathon.

"They know where we are so we have to keep moving. No doubt more are on their way." Lucas nodded and we left the room. I didn't dare look back.

My nerves were fragile and my hands were shaky. I knew I hadn't killed anyone, I prayed I hadn't. But I couldn't get the bloodstains out of my head. It didn't help the alarm was still rattling through the halls and the lighting had turned red.

"There is no way we're getting out of here without the guys to back us up," Jonathon whispered as we wandered quietly through the empty halls.

"I think I might know the general direction of where they're being held." I swallowed. The only real idea I had was where I tortured Max.

Their cells had to be around there somewhere.

"Good, this place is too big for us to ever find them if we don't even have a general direction," Lucas said with a spring in his step. He was excited to see them again.

Sweat beefed down me, my stomach curdled. What would happen when they found out what I did? When Lucas found out what I did?

"So where is everyone anyway... Shouldn't these halls be filled? Especially since there looking for us." I changed the subject.

"My guess is their searching the old hallways since they figured out that's how we were getting around before," He replied, he wasn't suspicious of me at all. His tense posture loosened as his eyes met mine, as the tips of his mouth lifted.

So much had been going on it was like we were put on hold, but as his hazel forest eyes locked on mine I knew what he was thinking.

It was that familiar look he had given me when he held me, before he kissed me. The look that made me feel safe.

"I don't know why every fucking inch of me wants to protect you."

He looked at me the same way as when he said those words, as if nothing had changed at all, then why did I feel like so much had changed?

"Say the word, and I'll make her damn the day she laid her hand on you."

The way he made me feel special.

"Darling, it doesn't matter what you wear, you're still the sexiest woman I've laid eyes on."

Valued.

"You're so important to me, you know that?"

The way I opened up around him.

You're important to me too.

The way he changed me in good ways.

You make me feel things I've never felt before.

And then I go making out with the enemy and stabbing my friends.

"Lucas I need to tell you some things," I mumbled looking back at him and he quickened his pace so we were walking together.

"Fire away." He smiled, his eyes looked a lot darker under the red light ominating from above us.

I opened my mouth, trying to figure out what to say or how to say it.

"I-"

"There they are!" A man's voice echoed through the hall as they come around the corner,

Terrific timing.

------------------------------------------------------

Author here, thanks so much for reading so far, we're almost at the end! Do you think they're gonna make it? What's gonna happen between Lucas and Jess?

Please be sure to vote is you enjoyed it helps bring my ratings up :)

Be sure to comment your thoughts if you have any feedback!