Sala. (69)

TW!: This chapter contains abuse, violence and graphic descriptions. Read with caution if you are triggered by any of these.

This bitch did what?-

"Tell me about it."

My gut told me that was a mistake, that really I didn't want to know, but something deeper, rooted in the pumping of my blood needed to know, It needed to know he couldn't have just done a terrible thing for no reason, there had to be an explanation.

He looked at me with cautious eyes, the fire that normally burned in them like an ever lit flame had dulled out but as he scanned me, they relit, like I was adding a spark to gasoline and suddenly I regretted asking that question.

"When I was around 5 I got Kidnapped by a rival gang, luckily all they wanted was money and they didn't dare hurt me. My father gave them it and I was safe again, but when I was returned my father strapped me to a chair and gave me this." He pointed to the scar that ran along his face, a perfect line from his cheekbone to his forehead.

Guilt ran down me, my mind raced back to all the times I glared at that scar, secretly thanking the person who had given it to him, thinking maybe one day I should find them and thank them myself. These days I couldn't help but wonder if I was just as bad as all the people in this hell hole.

"He did it to teach me a lesson, he did it to show me what could have happened, it was punishment, for not getting out of the situation myself." Gray continued with a dull harsh voice.

"But you were 5-"

"That didn't matter to him."

A pit grew in my stomach as I dug my fingers into my palms. I hated Gray, there was no question in my mind about that. So why did I feel sympathy? Why was I listening to him? But more importantly, why was he telling me this, confiding in me?

"After, since he couldn't know for sure I would be safe he sent me to England, an English boarding school where I met Adrustus, your brother and when he came to pick me up a few years later because he believed I was old enough to begin training he scooped him up too." Gray stopped for a second as he pushed his tongue against his cheek. "Thinking of it now if he had never met me maybe he wouldn't be so fucked up."

"Gray, Angelo made his choice-"

"No, when you're in this place you think you have a choice, but you don't. If Adrustus rejected my father he would have killed him, you can never just leave. If you're chosen for this life you're stuck with it."

His words smacked me around the face. I didn't want to be involved. I never chose this, they've brought me into this, and now he's telling me I'll never be free again?

"When I got back from boarding school my parents had my baby sister." His eyes went soft at the mention of her and my mouth grew dry.

"You have a sister?" But he opened his mouth and shut it again, and something about that response made chills run down me.

"My father was never really well, but as I got older he got worse, the pressure of the gang drove him insane." He swallowed harshly digging his fingers into his knees.

"Until one day, he just snapped. Decided to teach me a lesson I would never forget."
———————————————————————
Gray pov, 7 years ago:

Gray had been 13 for 4 months now, during those 4 months his father taught him about shipments, smuggling, and dealing. The darker part of the business.