Promise me. (35)

I have to get out of this somehow, If he sees the alarm he will know it was me that day and it will be game over and I would be the one to get us caught.

Before I could do anything he slipped past me and grabbed it and pulled it out of my pocket. As soon as he felt it his expression changed

He frowned and his mouth went straight.
He opened his hand and there it was, a black ball with a button lighting up and beeping the same way it did at the police station.

Leo opened his mouth but nothing came out.

My palms went clammy and my knees felt weak. There wasn't much I could do in a public place so I snatched my frap and pulled him outside to the back where there was no one else. He was silent, so almost paralysed vector he started pacing back and forth, then he stopped and looked at me, a hint small hint of betrayal in his eye.

"You- Your that girl. The one I've been tracking down. You held a gun up at me!" He kind of shouted in a how dare you kind of way.

"Shhh!" I whispered looking around to see if anyone had been around to hear that.

"Look, I am a member of the Echos, yes but you need to promise me you won't say anything," I begged and he hung his mouth open like a goldfish.

"You held a gun up to me! You were gonna shoot me!" He repeated like it didn't stick in his head the first time.

"Look, yes I held a gun up to you." My voice went dry and shaky. "But I never would have shot you, im sorry Leo, I am, but you have to promise me you won't say anything."

"You know I was so desperate to find out who the Echos were. To know it was you. But now that I know you are her. I don't actually know what to do." He was still pretty speechless. I could tell a part of him was disappointed it was me. Like he knew deep down but wanted to believe it wasn't true.

"Wait you knew it was me?" I asked confused.

"Well no, but I had a big suspicion that you were a member." He confirmed.

Wow. He's not as clueless as I thought.

"Look that's not the point. You can't tell the police force. You can't tell anyone. Promise me you won't." I demanded and tried to seem intimidating almost as if he didn't have a choice. But it was hard to do that considering how he looked down on me. He huffed running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"I can't promise that, I- I need some time to think," He mumbled He stopped looking into my eyes. As if it hurt.

What if he saw me as a murderer? A criminal? I've never murdered anyone. Does he think that of me? Whatever the case what I was about to do wasn't going to help my case. But I had no choice.

I quickly reached down and picked the small handgun out of my bag swiftly and quickly and aimed it at him.

"Promise me," I hissed coldly.

He stopped in his tracks, face pale. Before swallowing, like he was about to do something really stupid. "Jess," he paused taking a step towards me. "We both know you're not going to shoot me." He whispered. His voice sent tingles down me. I glared at him. Leo always had an effect on me from afar I could look at him and dream about him all day. But that's all he was. Fantasy and now he was here and I tried so hard to keep my face still without any show of emotions.

He stepped closer slowly so that my gun was pressed up against his chest. The closer he got the more my heart thumped and the more I felt my face burn up.

Leo put his hand cautiously on the gun that was now against his chest. All I could do was pull the trigger and it would be over. It wasn't a nice feeling. Having his life in my hands. What made it worse was I knew he trusted me. Even though I could shoot at any moment.