Don't be. (9)

How did he get through that door?

Lucas turned around.

"Max! No, no not at all come in I want you to introduce yourself to Jess." Lucas smiled relaxing at his presence.

Max was a guy with dark skin and short black hair. He wore a black button-up that hugged his figure, the sleeves Cut off at his elbows and he wore a silver chain around his neck. Tattoos filed his skin like paintings on a canvas running down to his arms. He walked over and he and Lucas did some weird bro hug handshake thing. Then he put his hands in his pockets walking over to me looking down on me. "I see you're a lot calmer than you were yesterday miss temper tantrum." He greeted me, smirking.

"Oh yeh that's right. You were one of the braindead dummy's watching me from the distance." I greeted back jokingly. He laughed and turned to Lucas. "I like this girl where did you find her?" He smirked.

Lucas shook his head.

"Well if there is anything you need just let me know," Max smiled flashing perfect white teeth and he was gone as quickly as he came.

I brought my plate to the sink and went on autopilot searching for a dishcloth or sponge.

"Don't worry about that just shove it in the dishwasher." Lucas' voice snapped me out of whatever haze I was in and I scanned the room.

"Um, Lucas sorry to bug you but where is it?" I asked quietly.

"Here," He laughed walking up to me and reaching down pulling it open to the right of me.

That's when someone knocked on the open door before entering. It was Hunter.

"Hey, Jess you okay?" He asked with a faded smile nervously biting the edge of his nail.

"Yeh I'm fine thanks," I nodded smiling uncomfortably back at him.

How can someone be fine in this situation?

"What's up?" Lucas asked still leaning on the counter.

"I just wanted to apologize," Hunter dragged awkwardly not looking at either me or Lucas he just ran his hand through his ginger coils. I looked at Lucas in confusion and he looked away too.

"For.. what?" I laughed as a lump rose in my throat.

"Uhhh... You don't know?" He looked up at me.

"No...?"

"Oh uh. Well, you know that person who came up behind you."

"Yeh?"

"And put the cloth over your face filled with chemicals that made you pass out."

"Yes?" I asked raising my eyebrow, my patience running thin and my annoyance leaking out my voice.

"Well, that may have been me..." He squeaked fiddling with his thumbs.

"May have or was?"

"It was," Hunter mumbled rubbing his neck awkwardly.

Dick.

"Just forget about it." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry I did what I had to do!" He sprang back up.

"It's done now, just don't ever do anything like that again. I dont like to be manhandled." I glared.

"You know you're stronger than I thought." He commented.

Lucas glared at him but he ignored it.

I couldn't help the smug look on my face.