I'm no damsel in distress (11)

"Come any closer and I'll slit her pretty little throat," Marcel shouted gripping me closer to him, my back pressed against his chest and he let out a chilling laugh as he breathed in my ear coming close pushing his nose into my hair and sniffing it.

Gross. Gross. Gross.

Lucas' fingers wrapped tightly around his thumb, his jaw clenched and his eyebrows knitted as he glared at Marcel with eyes that burned with hatred.

I couldn't see Marcel's eyes but I knew if I could I would've seen the fear flicker in them.

Everyone dropped their weapons and put their hands up.

Everyone apart from Lucas, he stayed there with his gun pointed at Marcel his finger hovering over the trigger Juttering slightly as if it was begging to pull it.

"For god sake, Lucas, drop the gun," Hunter begged.

"Your problem is with me, not her, let her go and you can do whatever you want with me," Lucas growled.

I rolled my eyes.

I'm no damsel in distress. I can save myself. Just think Jess, think.

I scanned the room and rummaged around in my back pocket trying to reach my whip but it was too far away and Marcel had a tight grip on me.

And then an idea dawned on me. A really stupid idea. But it was my only chance.

You only live once right?

I looked down and stamped on his foot as hard as I could putting all of my body weight into it. He quickly let go of me and held his foot yelping before putting it back down and glaring at me, giving me another smile that sent shivers up my spine.

His eyes told me he thought I had made the biggest mistake and like I was going to regret that.

Recklessly, Marcel went to grab me and I smacked my head into his forehead as hard as I could, sending him tumbling back.

Ow. that hurt.

My hand reached for my head in reaction before I grabbed my whip and hit Marcel's legs with it making him fall to the ground.

Before he could get back up I crouched down picking a gun up from the floor and aiming it at him.

Not that I had any clue how to use it.

My heart was thumping and my throat was tight but I didn't take my eyes off him.

Completely focused.

I'm so cool.

A gentle hand rested on my shoulder and I jumped a little before looking back and seeing Lucas,

"Impressive" He whispered in my ear, his warm breath sending tingles on my neck.

My hand started shaking as the gun trembled. I just realized I was holding a gun at someone. I had never touched a gun before let alone hold it up to someone threatening to shoot them.

Lucas reached out his arm taking the gun away from me slowly and nodding to the guys.

In a flash they all picked up Marcel, pushing his arms roughly behind his back and handcuffing him. His smug look got wiped off by a grim scowl and I couldn't help the satisfaction that sat in my stomach from the sight of it.

"It's funny they call me a bad guy but I don't corrupt young girls to be trained killers." Marcel chuckled before Max punched him In the face and told him to shut up.

"Hey, it's okay, alright? You didn't shoot him, and you didn't injure him." He tried to reassure me, gripping my shoulders as if that was comforting and scanning my eyes.